Prozac.

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Spearmint, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Well, I just got prescribed them today, and obviously I'm not expecting them to work right away. But, I'm wondering if there are any bad side effects, and if they actually work? :unsure:

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Jessus
    Hey hunnah. I hope that your meds work for you :hug: I'm glad you took that step..even if your parents made you

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I also found this little bit about side effects in an article

These side effects may include dry mouth, constipation, urinary retention, sedation, and weight gain.

Prozac is, however, associated with insomnia, restlessness, nausea, and tension headaches, which normally go away within one to two weeks from the time it was first taken.

Hope that helps if you need more info let me know I'll search it for yah

4. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

way back when when i took prozac it actually was extremely difficult to keep my eyes open. in one case i actually put toothpicks in my eyes to keep them open. this is rare however, but still possible that's why i thought i would share it. i hope it works out for you. please take care

5. Spearmint

Thank you Kewwy, Liz. :hug:

I was mostly wondering if it actually worked. I read that it often makes suicidal feelings worsen, and impulses stronger, before it actually starts working..

6. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

they do watch for that especially in young people. so be careful and voice anything negative like that ok? please? take care

7. Spearmint

Thank you, I'll watch for it. :hug: