• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Prying myself away from the habit of making conversations about me, me, me

#1
In real life and online, when someone opens up about their feelings, experiences, opinions, life... I devolve to drawing some co.parison to myself. And not a brief one, eiþer. In speech, I devolve to about fifteen, þirty seconds about myself when I wasn't þe topic; and here on SF, where oþer members need þe floor þe most, I devolve to a paragraph, easily 100+ characters, about myself.

Just now I come from having done þis; þis newest time what I wrote about myself is longer þan þe paragraph I wrote about the person whose post I responded to!

I need to stop þis!!
 

vanillabunny

Well-Known Member
#2
I don't think it's about making everything all about you; there are people (myself included) who use themselves as examples—perhaps to make the situation easier to understand or to show solidarity, since the other person might be going through the same thing.
I’m actually about to talk about myself, haha. I sometimes worry that I come across as selfish or attention-seeking, but I genuinely feel that sharing examples from my own life helps the person I'm talking to relate to what I'm saying.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top