I finally got an appointment for a psychiatric assessment (after three long painful months) and I'm just wondering what to expect? Will there be tests to take, or will it just be talking? If he decides I need treatment, what will happen next? Has anyone else been through this via the NHS?
Also, I need some advice about Disability benefits and depression - as I quit my last job (in spite of sick notes from my doctor stating my depression, they told me to come back immediately or leave) I cannot claim Job Seekers Allowance for 26 weeks. I do not have the support of a doctor right now, but will the psychiatrist be able to help me make a claim; will he be able to write a sick note or letter?
Thanks everyone!
Also, I need some advice about Disability benefits and depression - as I quit my last job (in spite of sick notes from my doctor stating my depression, they told me to come back immediately or leave) I cannot claim Job Seekers Allowance for 26 weeks. I do not have the support of a doctor right now, but will the psychiatrist be able to help me make a claim; will he be able to write a sick note or letter?
Thanks everyone!