Purging but not binging

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by X-FallenSolitude-X, Aug 29, 2016.

1. X-FallenSolitude-X

X-FallenSolitude-X Well-Known Member

Anyone else who purges after eating normal meals and I even go as far as water. Like I know tonight I will eat a pizza for my dinner and I will throw up in less than 10 mins. I don't feel hungry anymore at all . I know it's not good I make my throat bleed. My doctor asked if I ever binge which I don't think I do I don't eat large amounts of food. I've got to the point everything makes me feel sick . I don't think I have an eating disorder. I know I think I'm fat and recently a proffesional told me that I am People keep telling me to eat proper and healthy but I just can't seem to stop the feelings of guilt about everything I eat even when I cook a meal from scratch. When I throw up I feel calm and like I'm getting rid of all the bad and it's okay again.

2. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I use to purge anything even if I didn't eat much. I been battling off and on for 22 years with an eating disorder. I was inpatient once when the anorexia got bad.

Are you seeing a therapist? Allow your Dr to help you.

Here if you want to talk.

3. OCDNihilism

OCDNihilism Well-Known Member

Hello. I am 22 year old male. I don't know if I can really understand or relate to the dimension of your eating disorder. Being male, doesn't mean we don't suffer from it. We have more of a problem with being bigger and muscular, but we can say the priciple is the same. We have a problem with our body image. What do I do about it, even if I don't consider my persuit as a really disorder in my case? I train and try to eat as I should to achieve my goals.

I am not going to say more about it before I ask you some questions, because if you already know about those things I don't want to come of as know it all.

You call yourself fat. I am not to sound insensitive, but well, being fat is something measurable, wich doesn't mean is a bad or thing we should descriminate, but if you know in science how fat is considered for us as fat, and as a problem for our health, not only for appearence, I think you can fight it better.

How much do you know about Nutrition?

I need an answer to this before I can help you, not only by healthy advice for your desired physical appearance, but to help you too dealing with the urges to purge.

Do you also have any history of bullying, relationship problems, ureciprocated feelings? I have all of those, so maybe you can tell me what you consider relevating to know why you do this, more in depth then, "I just don't feel good about my body."

Help me help you :)

4. X-FallenSolitude-X

I don't eat alot of foods in scared to try things and I always read the calories for what I cook.

It's like I have always been a little bit chubby on my stomach

5. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Are you seeing a therapist?

6. X-FallenSolitude-X

Under personality disorder service.

7. OCDNihilism

OCDNihilism Well-Known Member

I am sorry, I could have answered you sooner.. But no need for explanations here, let's advance to where it's important, for your help, if I can do it.

So you say you are aware of the calories, but to what extent I don't know, but I'll try to give some information about our body that might help you with the unconcious feelings and reasons why you feel insecure about your image.

First, let me tell you a bit about the calories.

You can eat whatever you want.. In moderation :). Depending on your body measures and stature, there are ways to control your wait.. Also, exercise will let you eat more with less restritive habits.

I know, you already heard this, probably, but I know how it is difficult at first to really go through it.. I had like 6 months where I really got to a reasonable regiment. I also thought that it was too much to go through all of the plan.. I also didn't follow it very restrictively, but I lost weight the same. I know also you can start motivated to change and then we give up. I had a bad week for my health in that respect, I had a lot going on and poor energy for that.

What I want to convince you, is that Bulimia is not the way, but you are right that it would work... But it's not normal.. right? Don't worry, I am not normal either, so no judgement here.

Also, about your stomach being chubby.. There may be reasons for that. There is also an exercise wich will help you controlling that, wich is a strage thing at first, but it helps. It can also be a problem with your digestive system. Or is really fat stored there. Fst stored doesn't mean your fat!! :)

Also, I don't think I am alone when I say I don't really prefer women who are too shreded, or too lean.. Many other man like woman by having a more rounded body. Then there are those who really look beyond that, so don't get caught in that trap, or get yourself out of there, and I'll try to be here to help you with that.

You can turn this around. I did it and it wasn't easy also, but I know your problem might be much deeper then my own.

Let me know more about how bad you really think of your appearence. But try to also tell me if you know your indicated weight for your height, it will help me know better how to try to help.

I can't promise you easy answers, but they don't have to be easy. You don't have to feel you can do it yer also, but I hope I will help you do it. If I can't, know that professional help is something that is much more reliable then someone like me, but they will be part of the same thing. It shouldn't hurt, I hope :).

brknsilence likes this.
  8. Analia

Analia New Member

What you have described is what I am struggling with. It is type two anorexia. Restriction and purging. Restriction is not always present though. Bulimia requires you to binge and purge but type two anorexia does not