Pushkin had to go over the Rainbow Bridge

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
View attachment 14544
He was 15ish. He was my best friend. I had to send him because he developed uber serious diabetes which would have required many needle sticks a day which he and I would have hated. His leaving is complicated as it actually helps in my current seeking to move to an assisted housing situation. So I feel guilty for doing what I did although I know it was best for him.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I'm so sorry. What a beautiful boy he was.

Losing a beloved pet is just horrible, particularly when we have to make that decision ourselves. But your decision was made out of love. You knew him better than anyone else and you know what he would find intolerable.
The fact that his leaving could help you in a practical way is neither here nor there. That wasn't a factor in your decision and you'd far rather still have him in your life. You have nothing to feel guilty about, your motives were pure.
Massive ((((hugs))))

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Oh kitty, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how much he meant to you. Like Lulabelle said, you have nothing to feel guilty about. You had to make a very difficult decision and you did what was best for him because you loved him. I'm thinking of you and sending lots of love.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
My heart goes out to you as know how special cats can be...you are in my thoughts and prayers...

And remember to be gentle on yourself as well as know you made the choice out of love for Pushkin. Sending you hugs.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
What an adorable cat. And sharing 15 years with him. Such a hard decision for you to make, but it sounds like it was the right one. There would only have been more suffering if he had remained alive. Pet ownership can be both a blessing and heartbreaking. Try and be grateful for the 15 years you shared.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
deciding to put an end to a pets misery is one of the hardest things to do and proves you care more for your cat than your own needs I know I had to make that decision in February for a dog, i'm so happy for you that you could make the right decision, instead of being unhappy think of the suffering she didn't have to go through and all the happy years you had with her

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
View attachment 14544
He was 15ish. He was my best friend. I had to send him because he developed uber serious diabetes which would have required many needle sticks a day which he and I would have hated. His leaving is complicated as it actually helps in my current seeking to move to an assisted housing situation. So I feel guilty for doing what I did although I know it was best for him.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00