Question about meds.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pisces1, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisces1

pisces1 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if there is anyone hear with depression, ptsd or a mood disorder, and did not find any relief with meds. I have tried just about everything in the last three months. I either have alergic reactions or they are too sedating.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

pisces1 i cannot take meds i react so crazy on them the only thing that has help me is therapy I hope you can find a good therapist one that deals with trauma
  3. AlCal

AlCal Member

I've been on multiple meds and combinations of meds for depression and have not found any to be helpful. I luckily haven't had bad side effects from them; they just don't help
  4. pisces1

I do see a therapist but they do not specialize in trauma. My doctor is trying to help me find one but no luck so far.
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

3 months isn't an awfully long amount of time to have given everything a proper try. Yes there are a lot of meds that are sedating, especially at first but this DOES settle down after a few weeks. Sometimes you have got to be persistent and patient with it because finding the right medication is quite difficult.
  6. pisces1

Butterfly.... I know I need to give these meds more time to work and learn to tolerate the side affects if possible. The thing is I have had some very serious side affects to some of them, mostly the mood stablizers and SSRI's. I have allergies to other types of meds also, opiates. I dont metabolize meds as fast as others so I end up with to much in my system at once. I have been on and off antidepressants for five years now and nothing seems to help, and if anything they make me feel worse. It has just been in the last three months they having been giving me cocktails of mood stablizers, antidepressants, anti- psychotics and sleep meds, which have done little to ease my symptoms. I am just very frustrated and disappointed at this point. I just feel like I should be more stable than I am given all the meds and doctors visits I have gone through. Maybe I just need to find a better therapist like te said.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.