Question regarding depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I would like to know one thing...
    What does it meen if someone have moderate to severe depression? Does it meen that its something between or that mood change from moderate to severe depression? Because i defenetly dont have severe depression all the time, but there comes 2 hours every day when i cant even walk or talk normaly. And one thing more... Mild depression doesnt affect life except sadness, right?
    Thanks for answers...

2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I say I'm severely depressed when I just cannot function. Basic things like eating and talking. I wait until that point to say I'm severely depressed...:dry: or even "depressed."

When people say the moderate to severe it might mean how much it effects your daily life? So there might be days you feel okay-depressed and some days you feel shitty-depressed-I-want-to-kill-myself-all-the-time depressed.

3. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Hi Hurted,

Immediate possible dx that comes to mind is cyclothymia in some form.

"Mild depression doesnt affect life except sadness, right?"

YOU would be best qualified to answer that one.

The basic rule therapists (and "tests") go by is: Does your depression affect normal life activities. (ggg456: "When people say the moderate to severe it might mean how much it effects your daily life?" Bingo.)

hth,
    ToHelp

4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.