Rage Against Those Who Hurt Me

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mooch74, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I am so depressed because I have such unrelenting rage against the many people who've hurt me in life. First, there was my father who always told me I was worthless. Then there was my grandmother who burdened me terribly and never treated me with any value or respect. Follow that up with my utterly worthless extended family, who thought my only purpose in life was to shoulder the burden of my grandmother. Last, but not least, are my so-called friends, who do nothing but use, take advantage of and insult me behind my back. My father and grandmother are dead, so I can't get even with them. Is it wrong to want others to suffer for the way they've so terribly hurt you over the years? If so, guilty as charged. However, it hurts to feel this way and I wish it would stop.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Feeling something and acting upon it are two different things, but for your own benefit, it is worth asking yourself what it would take to move from rage to sadness...with anger and rage, we are the only ones who are truly getting hurt as the others are probably not even considering it or being troubled by it...interestingly, I had this experience this morning..a girl in her 20s emailed my associate to see if my associate could find work for her...this young lady was one who I paid her tuition, kept her family secure, etc., and for the last 2 years have not heard from (and could have used since being sick)...I am enraged that she would return, and contact someone else, to ask for something...I am working on how sad it feels to be abandoned when I needed people so much...TBH, I am not there yet...please take care of yourself ...I plan on having a long talk with this person to get this off of my chest...I will be gracious but it will be clear how hurt I am
  3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

For me I have mostly moved to sadness about others treatment of me. But how long before the sadness goes? I thought it had, then I find myself in tears. Apologies Mooch, didn't intend to hijack your thread. I have wanted others to suffer but when I discovered in January that a family member who had not been good to me had lost her grandson but It only made me sad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.