Ranting...OCD..Hows your day?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by insanityx, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insanityx

insanityx Member

I know I'm OCD. I have neverbeen diagnosed because I haven't been to see anyone yet. I obessively clean and organgize. I have narrowed it down to only cleaning between 7pm and 9pm at night (because I some how still work) and I clean all day Saturday. So this wicked biotch at my work asked me what I'm doing this weekend and honestly I answered cleaning. Now I'm like the butt of every convo between her and her friends because I want to clean. She also comes in my office and puts sticky notes on comp when she could of emailed me, she takes files without asking, or all but tears my office apart looking for something I don't have. There have been times where I freaked out so bad I had to go walk around the building to release some anxiety and anger. When she tries to talk to me she stands so close I can smell her breath and it makes me uncomfortable. Obviously I have stopped talking to her..but I feel like she is doing this on purpose because she knows it will get to me even if she doesn't see me freak out. Its fuckin cruel! And...someone stole my lunch today. I'm in an I hate everyone mood today.

2. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I'm sorry this woman is being so cruel to you. It's good that you're avoiding her, and trying not to react, as this is obviously what she wants. It's a difficult situation because she's probably not doing anything that your manager or supervisor would be able to see and discipline her for. I would hope that it won't last long and she'll get bored of it pretty quickly (people like that usually do, I think it's because of their low IQ), especially if you just ignore it completely or even better actually laugh about it (much easier said than done, I know). If it continues, I would go to the doctor and get diagnosed so that if she continues to harrass you you will be able to report it to your manager as discrimination or something.

When I was little, my friends learnt about my OCD and thought it was so funny to rearrange all my stuff. Luckily that's all they did and it didn't escalate, but it wasn't very fun, so I can imagine how awful it is for you at work. Once I learnt to ignore the kids at school they got bored of it, and I'm sure this stupid woman will too.

Mim

3. insanityx

insanityx Member

Well I'm really close with my supervising attorney, so she is going to talk to her today. Apparently she has done other things that the attorney is not happy about either. I've been ignoring her about six months but it still continues. She always tells her friends how nerdy I am because I'm into comic books etc. She ahas also all but called me a ***** to my face because "she has only been with her ex husband". She knows nothing of my sex life..but assumes. Ugh its messed up. I am going to see a therapist on feb 14. So we will see what happens. I'm kinda nervous that if the attorney speaks with her that she will just get pissed and continue to treat me like crap even if she doesn't mess up my office.

4. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I'm really glad your supervising attorney is going to speak to her. Hopefully that'll sort her out, but if she carries on just get the attorney to speak to her again. She can't get away with bullying you.

I'm glad you're seeing a therapist next month. I was so sceptical about therapy, but then spent two years with my counsellor and think it's actually helped a lot. Good luck!

Mim

5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I think it's a real accomplishment that you were able to narrow down cleaning for only 2 hours each day. A lot of people don't have that kind of will power. So, I think it's really great and just wanted to congratulate you for it :thumbup:

I also know how it feels to have someone around you constantly who is extremely annoying. I live with that type of person. Just stay away from her as much as possible and try to remember that she's not worth getting upset about or ruining your day over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.