• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Really Struggling Right Now (TW: Eating Disorder talk)

PurpleWolf08

Well-Known Member
#1
Ok so basically I went to see the new Superman movie and then out to eat with my grandfather and his wife (not my grandmother, she's dead. so ig my step grandmother idk?). We go to order food and she asks how many calories are in what I'm ordering. Then while we are eating my grandfather asks what my plans are for the rest of the day. I said laundry, watching Grey's Anatomy, and doing some work in my new therapy workbook. He asks what workbook, and I told him. It's 8 Keys to Recovery from an Eating Disorder by Carolyn Costin. Then his wife starts basically interrogating me about how my ed started and what its like now. And then my grandfather tried to say the way I eat is healthy. Anyways now I'm home and all I can think about is the amount of calories I've eaten, the feeling of food in my stomach, and how much I want to purge. Help
 

Licorice

Well-Known Member
#2
I'm very sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. Reading between the lines it sounds like you feel you're experiencing a set-back. Would you say it was your grandfather's wife who triggered you, or the subject matter of the conversation?
 

PurpleWolf08

Well-Known Member
#3
I'm very sorry to hear you're feeling so bad. Reading between the lines it sounds like you feel you're experiencing a set-back. Would you say it was your grandfather's wife who triggered you, or the subject matter of the conversation?
I think it was more the subject matter. Because I think I would be triggered no matter who did that.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top