Right Around the Corner

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Chargette, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

In 10 more days, the days will start to get longer again. This literal time of more darkness each day is short lived. The days starting to get longer little by little each day is right around the corner.

I now have my computer by a window. I don't get direct sunlight here, but the light reflects of the light colored roof of the neighbor. It helps, even when the day is overcast. But still, the daylight is not long enough.

Each year when the time changes and the day is dramatically shorter, it's like I go into shock. I miss spending my evenings outside.

For now at least, I know the longer days are closer.

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What about light therapy during the short days to tide you over?

3. Chargette

The psychiatrist I see is willing to loan me one. I don't have much room and I don't want the dogs to be able to pee on it. I think I will give it a try. I should be able to find a spot to keep it safe from the dogs.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

Wont hurt to give it a try and put it away in a closet or something when not in use?

are your dogs housebroken?

5. Chargette

My dogs are housebroken so long as I don't sleep too long and they can get out. Otherwise they look for something to pee on. :sigh:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Light therapy does work hun well it does for some people i know so i hope you do give it a try I too am glad the days are not starting to be longer

7. DrownedFishOnFire

Know the feeling. Have went into dead sleep mode and my dog peed on carpet. She usually get me awake in middle of night if she has to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.