RIP Papa Bob

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
My grandfather passed away this morning. We don't know yet what exactly caused his death. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease a few years ago. It's been a struggle for the past few years, especially for my grandmother who had to take care of him. I'll always remember going to the movies and swimming with my grandfather growing up. I usually think of him whenever I watch a movie. He was a good man. He was always kind to people. I can't recall a single time he ever raised his voice or said anything hurtful. He was intelligent and wise He was one of the most understanding people I ever knew. It was sad to see Alzheimer's take away the mind of such a great man. I'll always miss him. But mostly I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. Thank you for reading this. If you're a praying person, please pray for my grandmother and our family.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Sorry, JDot-
It sounds like he was quite the extraordinary and incredible man. And if I may say, or be so bold, perhaps it is some of these qualities that you mention so admiring in him, that have some how been passed on down, or handed to... "You!" It is interesting in the way, or nature you have described him, and your relationship to and with him. It reminds me of a blend of one set of my Grandparents. . ; ) Also with the "connections," or ways in which you guys bonded. I think I can understand and agreee with you on the suffering aspect of something like Alzheimer's diesease, though. As my Grandmother got Dementia near the end. And although she never reached the end-stages of that, thank goodness~ it was more than a challenge to say the least. I'm glad you have the memories, though, and that it seems he 'taught,' you well. In so far as a Grandparent can. . . Thinking of you at this time.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry for your loss @JDot . it sounds like he was a good man. and i'm sure he is in a better place and not suffering anymore. and hold on to those wonderful memories , as long as he stays in your heart he is never forgotten. and i already prayed for him and your family. i hope you get through this without too much distress.

mike...*hug*shake:(

Waves

Oh Jdot I am deeply sorry. You have had too many losses recently. And you manage to be supportive here. Yes I will pray for grandma and your family. I hope they are answered. Miss seeing you here.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
My grandfather passed away this morning. We don't know yet what exactly caused his death. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease a few years ago. It's been a struggle for the past few years, especially for my grandmother who had to take care of him. I'll always remember going to the movies and swimming with my grandfather growing up. I usually think of him whenever I watch a movie. He was a good man. He was always kind to people. I can't recall a single time he ever raised his voice or said anything hurtful. He was intelligent and wise He was one of the most understanding people I ever knew. It was sad to see Alzheimer's take away the mind of such a great man. I'll always miss him. But mostly I'm glad he's not suffering anymore. Thank you for reading this. If you're a praying person, please pray for my grandmother and our family.
my condolences to you JDot. i’m glad you have such fond memories. those memories, i believe are one of the many purposes of those who come before us and brighten our lives. what made him great will always be alive. i’m hoping this can be, as best it can, a prayer for you and your grandmother and family.

Livelife

SF Supporter
I'm sorry for your loss @JDot. I'm so glad you had a wonderful grandfather and have happy memories . May he Rest In Peace and my prayers for your grandmother, you and your family.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Am sorry for your loss. Good memories is his legacy living on through you and everyone including your grandma is in my thoughts. ❤

Sorry for your loss JDot.

It sounds like he was a really amazing person, so I'm glad you were able to have him in your life.

Sending prayers

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00