Rituals

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Unsupergirl, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsupergirl

Unsupergirl Active Member

Does anyone have rituals or routines they have to follow? I have certain things, routines, rituals, whatever you want to call it, and if something gets missed, it's like my brain glitches out and gets stuck in a loop, it's like a hole is drilled in my head and then filled with mosquitoes, and the rest of my day is utterly ruined and I can't function. I don't think it's the same as OCD, because it's not a repetition thing and once the specific ritual is complete, then I don't think about it again until the next day. My wife thinks they're just things that I want, not need, and I just get pissy if something is missed. She means the stuff that involves her, I'm sure she doesn't notice the things I do on my own. As an example, in the morning when she gets up, if she doesn't squeeze my foot when she walks by, it totally fucks my whole day up. I suppose to most people that sounds really stupid, but I'm hoping there might be someone here who actually understands it the way I do and maybe offer some insight on how I can help her understand I'm not just being needy and controlling and bitchy.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Have you seen a doctor about how your mind gets stuck on that one particular thing It could be a form of OCD not all ocd is repetitive actions talk to your doctor ok get a referal to see a pdoc to help determine what it is you are dealing with.

3. Unsupergirl

Unsupergirl Active Member

I'm already trying to get in to talk to someone

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It sounds very much like real OCD (as opposed to the silly TV version of OCD where all it means is either washing or counting) and there are treatments that help with it. It can be nearly debilitating and ruining the whole day over a seemingly "small thing" does not sound wrong for it at all because "small thing" is a matter of perspective and what counts is how you feel about it. Hopefully you can get some help professionally to make it have less dramatic impact on your quality of life.

You may wan to try some reading or research on things you can do for yourself also - Self help books

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.