Robin Williams did not die from “Suicide”

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Viktor, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viktor

Viktor Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  2. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

That is one way of putting it :). They are saying here that the act of committing suicide is a symptom of depression, and thus is was depression that caused his death.

Thank you for sharing this. It is important to realize the effects depression has on our lives. Though I would not go so far to say that he did not die from suicide - the act of taking one's life - I also believe the fact that he died from depression is equally true if not more so. It it were not for depression and mental disorders we would most likely not feel the need to end our lives.

3. Thumbelina233

Thumbelina233 Member

I still cannot believe his Bipolar Disorder took so long to be diagnosed. It was very clear to see, he needed help. And he didn't get any until it was too late. He was/is one of my hero's and one of the greatest performers of our time. Simply put he was a comedic genius. He did not deserve such pain. As do any of you lovely people here. <3 xxxx

2 people like this.
  4. Thumbelina233

Thumbelina233 Member

5. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

I agree - he was truly an amazing man and managed to persevere in the face of his depression; must have been so hard for him. Imagine having all those roles in those happy movies while fighting bipolar disorder. He was taken well before his time and was one of the best comedic actors out there. Just watch Mrs. Doubtfire or Aladdin.

2 people like this.
  6. Thumbelina233

Thumbelina233 Member

It must have been very difficult for him. I know he battled many things in his life such as substance abuse which could have be a way for him to deal with some of his Bipolar symptoms. Mrs. Doubtfire is a classic & one of my all time favourite films. You know most of the extra funny lines he improvised himself? Such talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.