Sad.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by emzkimo, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emzkimo

emzkimo Active Member

I feel really really sad right now... I'm not sure what else to say.

2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Is there anything that's happened to make you feel so sad?

3. emzkimo

emzkimo Active Member

I don't really think so, nothing I don't deal with on a daily basis. I think maybe I feel lonely, but I don't want to see anyone? If that makes sense? I feel fed up of being like this too.

4. meaningless-vessel

There is sense to it.

Do you believe that you would be a burden if you opened up to family and such?

5. emzkimo

emzkimo Active Member

Yeah, and they'd say everything I've heard time and time again. I know they'd have my best interest at heart, but there's only so much of 'go back to the doctors' 'find a new therapist' 'you can always talk to us' I can hear before I snap at someone.

6. meaningless-vessel

I can appreciate that hearing the same things over and over again would be frustrating. Having someone just listen is more beneficial than being told this time and again. I'm not a professional (in case you were wondering). I'm just trying to seek an understanding as to why you are feeling the way you are and see if there are potential things you may/may not have considered.

Have you been completely open about everything to your doc/therapist? If not, there is a potential that the help you are receiving isn't necessarily what you would benefit properly from. But also, by keeping yourself to yourself and having it bottle up inside you, it is more likely to be more damaging than it is helpful (creating the proverbial spiral).

You're feeling lonely... yet in order to truly break down that feeling, it's better with people more local who can be there for you if you need something like a hug or a shoulder to cry on. It might mean stepping out of a comfort zone, but how would people see what's around them if they stayed in their comfort "bubble" - so to speak?

I hope I'm making sense now lol. It's almost midnight here... oh wait.. you're in the UK - so I'd hazard a guess you know that's the time (yes, I'm in the UK too), and I'm a touch weary, so I may babble a little.

7. emzkimo

emzkimo Active Member

I probably could have said more to my doctor or therapist, but I can't even talk to my friends or family about it so I can't say it to them, I've tried, there's not enough time in the world to say how I feel and professional help has a time limit.

I know, I don't want to burden the people around me, they say they are there, but they don't know what to say to me, and I'd just freak them out with everything I have to say. I know what's around me and I've decided to go back in to my bubble, because I just can't seem to get out what I need to say, and even if I did, it wouldn't change anything.

You do make sense, and I appreciate it, it is quite late lol, I think I'm babbling too.

8. meaningless-vessel

With regards to the professional time limit - this is generally why they make notes. It helps them keep a track of what's been discussed.

Have you ever considered just putting pen to paper, writing everything down, and handing it to the therapist? If you struggle talking and prefer written/typed communication, it could be another way to try - getting out what you need to say can be done in any way - self sent email, PM on here, members diary/members private diary on here, saved to MS word or notepad, written in an exercise book - and that's just a few options.

Feel free to ramble and babble on - and you are welcome to PM me should you want to.

9. emzkimo

emzkimo Active Member

That's a pretty good idea, I'm good at typing my thoughts. Thank you :)

10. meaningless-vessel

If anything helps, however small it seems, it can be useful - everything has to start somewhere :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.