Saw a psychiatrist today ...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

... and he told me I'm not depressed, I'm just 'chronically sad'. He also told me to cut the crap when I said I didn't like myself.

It doesn't even upset me that this happened, it just pisses me off.

:(.

2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Okay that guy is a jerk and frankly I would report him to the boards for misconduct/ malfeasance. Please please go to somebody else ...you want help and it is out there it really is so please try again...chronically sad...he is chronically stupid.

3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

i 100% agree with Bambi, some people jsut see it as a job, no matter what they say they will always get paid, so they arent that bothered, u have to find a psyc that is in that job to help people, the ones that actually care about other humans, ur psyc sounds like a complete idiot, i would be very angry with him right now if i was you, try and use whatever emotinos u feel towards this psyc into getting one that is right for u, dont stop looking until u find one that works for you!!

4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I agree with Bambi... the person should be fired for not taking you seriously.

Check into the items that Bambi has mentioned.

I hope that you find a resolution that will fit your needs.

5. Mama_Pills

I have a regular counselor/therapist who is much nicer and much more helpful, who brought in this psychiatrist to figure out what exactly was wrong with me and to maybe prescribe me something for how I feel. Obviously, nothing came of it, besides a bad mood and being back at square one. He wants to see me again in a month, to see if I'm any better or if anything has gotten worse.

It was uncomfortable because he asked to see my scars when I clearly told them they were on my upper thigh. I showed him old ones on my ankles, because I was not about to drop my pants for a complete stranger.

I don't know. Whatever.

6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

okay a jerk and a perve to boot.

Tell you therapist about his behavior as it is not proper by any standards....he does not need to see your scars if you came in on referral!

I bet your therapist has another pdoc to recommend...if not google a good doctor or ask you regular doctor..

there are good doctors out there trust me..my guy is great and saved me a few times with the right meds

7. lightbeam

That is completely inappropriate. He should be slapped... was your therapist there?

8. Mama_Pills

No, my therapist was not present :\ It made me really uncomfortable. But I could probably have beat him up. He was a wimpy thing. Haha.

I'll definitely look into finding someone else.

9. lightbeam

*shudders* The nerve of some people... *head slap to dotor*

10. Mama_Pills

It was not the best first experience with a psychiatrist ever, that's for sure.

11. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

do u think u would be able to report him, as u may have been able to fight him off u, but maybe someone else may not be able to, who knows what he could do!! sorry ur experience was not a positive one!!

12. Mama_Pills

Unfortunately, he and my therapist are good friends :\ ... so it's a guilt thing too.

13. lightbeam

Wonderful... so either way you are going to get shit on... *sigh*

14. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Ooh he sounds like an idiot....hope you find another psych soon as possible...

15. Mama_Pills

Yeahhh, basically. :\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.