Saying goodbye to Jimk

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by WildCherry, Apr 13, 2014.

1. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I just wanted to say goodbye to a true friend, a really special person who will be missed by me, and by many others on this forum.

I can't remember exactly how Jim and I became friends. But for about the last 2 years, we would talk on the phone several times a week. We shared a love of technology, of gadgets, and between the two of us, we could have probably opened a fully stocked Best Buy. :) We had many fun conversations, lots of laughs and memories that I'll cherish and that will make me smile for a really long time. We had some serious conversations too; Jim was an unbelievably strong person who had fought many battles throughout his life. But even while continuing to fight those battles, he told me many times that he loved life. He loved his son Zoomies more than anyone or anything else in the world, and his son gave him the strength he needed to fight through some really dark times.

One of Jim's favorite sayings, that he said to me often, was, "Life's too fucking short." I laughed everytime he said it, mainly because of HOW he said it, but his point was always to live your life to the fullest, to find and enjoy the small things that put a smile on your face.

RIP Jim; you'll always hold a special place in my heart, and in the hearts of everyone whose lives you touched.
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

:amen: to that Wild Cherry! I hope and pray that Zoomies can understand why Dad's not there any more, I hope things will be well for him and his mom.
  3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Jim was amazing. To still smile, and be so kind, after all he had gone through. It was special when we found out how close we lived to each other. Almost neighbors. As I found out today, only 1.7 miles away. We talked on the phone a few times, and met at a local mall once. He had bought me a movie I had been looking for. We met so he could give it to me. I will always think of it as Jim's movie now.

Jim was truly committed to SF. His only stronger commitment was to his son, Zoomies. My prayers go out to Zoomies. His son is autistic and this change is going to be very difficult for him.

Jim, do RIP. And rock heaven with all the music you so loved.
  4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Jim, you will always have a corner of my heart. You gave so many kind words and attention to people just when they needed them most. You gave us all a lot of lessons in being truly alive and truly grateful for the life we have.

I really appreciated the times you PM'd me because you hadn't seen me here for a day or two.

I hope they've made you Heaven's DJ, now! :)

Rest in peace, Jim.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I know Jim lived such a courageous life. In the face of great adversity, a life well accomplished. The positive and caring impact he made on many will live on. Thank you Jim. For who you were, are and will always be.

Sorry if the link Total Eclipse put up does not work. I just tried it and for sone reason it didnt work when I clicked on it.

Truthfully, I asked her to post it because I didnt want ( was too shy) to. But I think I gave her the wrong link. Try this one. Seems the same. But this one works for me.

or you can go here. and type in the "GROUP search" area: jimk then just click on a candle and write what you want. The candles stay lit for 2 days. People can light them any time they want. That candle room will always be for Jim
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  7. WildCherry

I've edited Total Eclipse's post just to fix the link, it should work now.
  8. Tea_at_Four

Tea_at_Four Staff Alumni

Blessings upon Jim and all his loved ones. Blessings upon Johnny/Zoomies who has lost the best dad a guy could have. Blessings upon all the people Jim shared his sweet soul with. Blessings for the memories we all have.

Bye, Jim. Mornings won't be the same without ya.

9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Good Lord, I go off line for a couple of days and return to this :(
    So sad, Jim will be very sadly missed.
  10. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Jim, you were such an amazing person to know. We only ever spoke on SF, mainly in chat but we had such a similar sense of humour and opinion of the world. He was such a good guy, someone who truly cared about me and was always there when I needed a rant and genuinely cared about me when I was having a rough time. He did all this despite having a very difficult life and going through some difficult times himself. He genuinely loved life no matter what was thrown at him. My heart genuinely goes out to Zoomies, it must be so confusing for him with his daddy not being around any more, and I hope he is able to heal and understand with time that his daddy is now with the angels.

Jim, I'm not a much of a smoker or a coffee drinker, but when I have some coffee I will raise a coffee cup with a cig in my mouth and toast your memory. Thank you for all the wonderful things you did here and all the support you have given me over the years. You will never be forgotten. I will also watch a dvd in your memory tonight because I know you loved your films. I hope that wherever you are there is an unlimited supply of good coffee, Marlboro's, good music and your very own home cinema with all the gadgets you could ever wish for.

Sleep tight Marlboro man, you will be dearly missed.
  11. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thanks for the link :hug: - brilliant idea for someone to think of such a tribute site :butterfly8:
  12. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

he was the best.
  13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Okay, I have just got physically sick all over my bedroom floor as I read other tributes to Jimk. I just can't believe it. were always so kind and helpful to me, always treated everyone with respect in the highest order. You my someone I will never forget. Still can't believe it. Everyone here adored you...much love and respect. Rest in Peace,my friend xxx
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2014
  14. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I keep coming back, hoping its not true, it really isnt sinking in. Jim, you were one of the most genuine, kind caring guys around, its such a shock and great sadness to know that you have parted us.

I have said a little pray for you and son, zoomies, and hope that he is holding up, just like you have said for me. Mornings will never be the same, and I just wish you coyuld come back one more time, just once more, to brighten the world with your existence.

Rest peacefully, and keep on smoking hun.
  15. Liquid Jello

Liquid Jello Well-Known Member

tc, my friend. RIP
  16. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I never had the chance to speak with him but I saw how much he was a part here.. i'm very sorry to hear this x
  17. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am truly at a loss for words. Jim always wanted the best for everyone and tried his darnedest to get people to see the value in life. He couldn't accept the fact that some would choose not to exist so would put all efforts into helping them see the value in continuing the fight against issues. He never lost hope for you. Well, Jim. Your fight is over. You won your battle. You lived your life until your creator called you home. May you now rest in peace.
  18. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so happy Jim came here he found a new home here one where people truly accepted him for him and did not harm him He really love sf thanksto all of you for all the love you showed him
  19. WildCherry

Thanks TE, for telling him about this site. :hug: Because he trusted you and knew this would be a safe place, I was able to have his friendship for the past year and a half.
  20. mbczion

mbczion Well-Known Member

Not the kind of news I wanted to read....Jim was the first one who spoke with me in chat....He also encourage me when I was rock bottom....Sorry to hear Jim is no longer with us....I will also miss him :(