Schizophrenia...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by JigsawJohn, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JigsawJohn

JigsawJohn Well-Known Member

Is it even remotely possible to find out if you have it without consulting a doctor/shrink?

The main reason for this is it might help me if I knew I do or don't have it, but for strong reasons this the main thing I will never talk to a doctor or shrink about. The reason is that I'm for sure transsexual and horribly afraid this might be considered a "symptom" of a delusion and I wont get treated for my transsexualism. This would surely lead to my ultimate self destruction. Another reason is that antipsychotic meds makes my creativity go away, and without it I would not want to live...

2. yep

yep Well-Known Member

Doctors have invented a lot of labels so they can write their statistics quickly. I challenge you to think of yourself as the unique individual you are and not in a way some "experts" have categorised some ways of being.
    Until not long ago, homosexuality was considered a "mental illness" by this "experts" and although they changed that , they keep telling us every year about the discovery of a new mental disorders. Schizophrenia is just a word to describe people who hear voices, it is not a disease like leprosy . You hear voices or whatever? I like smoking although is killing me so what? Do I have an “illness” perhaps something called “Smoker syndrome” ? No, I do not. I am just stupid, hey, another mental illness, the Stupid syndrome!
    If you are delusional perhaps Picasso or Dali should have had medication and spend their whole life in a hospital sedated. So unless your delusions or voices are telling you about hurting yourself or anyone else, perhaps these just make you different like all people on the planet are in one way or another. Think about that.

3. JigsawJohn

JigsawJohn Well-Known Member

Of course people who are functioning and don't want diagnosis shouldn't either. It's not that I would love to have another diagnose, the problem is that I hear this voice in my head, she's constantly making stupid remarks, yell at me or is just plain mean to me. I'm pretty mean to her as well, but she's really making my life worse... She's never told me to do anything harmful against others, cause she says she doesn't care about anyone else than me. I've had her with me as long as I can remember, roughly from about 6 years of age. I also have a lot of other symptoms such as I'm quite sure my thoughts and feelings aren't my own, I think people are plotting against me and I get anti social at times. Sometimes (few times a day) the words get all jumbled up when I try to speak and I repeat words and such in my mind. Some of these things might not even be correct symptoms, though it's mostly this voice in my head I'm concerned about... I actually hear more voices sometimes, one or two more "people"... I've even tried to kill the voices in my head by trying to kill myself....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.