self harm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignored

Staff Alumni
It stops me killing myself.

It relaxes me... relieves the tension.

I use it as a form of punishment... when I'm angry with myself (which is often).

jamie20m

Its a distraction. Its replacing one lot of pain for another. The only difference is you can control the amount of pain you feel. It brings back a sense of control in your life. Also, the blood reminds us that were human, a sense to feel "normal".

i SH to punish myself, to take control over what i think will be inevitable (punishment), 'cos i get high from the cutting (endorphin rush). it works to relieve the emotional pressure that sometimes builds in me. i am learning other options but sometimes i just break and do it.

It's like the saying it hurts so good. Myself along others of us feel pain and it hurts us inside and I figure nothing on the outside can hurt so much. When I can I try lifting weights instead but there's usually a bunch of arrogant assholes who can lift a sh** load so I rarely go anymore. Instead of thinking about suicide all the time we think about cutting most of the time and that's a huge improvement. It is a solution it's a crutch.

Kurak

SF Supporter
I used to SH as a kind of punishment. Also when feeling so numb inside it seemed to help me feel, to know im still alive, if that makes any sense.

Angel_Dawn

I don't cut anymore, but I know when I used to it felt so good. I still struggle a lot of days not to do it, you have know idea the absolute relief in cutting, it seems that it drowns out all other pain, even if for only a short time, makes you feel in control of something. All I can say is it is a form of release.

Dawn

alot of depressed people do this. i never have but somebody on here must have. i don't understand what it accomplishes. how can pain possibly make u feel better?
The physical pain a person inflicts takes control of the pain inside that is felt..at least that is the way it has been for me...and it helps if only for a brief moment.

Smashed__

I SH as a sort of release. I have so much pent up inside that after a while if I don't SH I just explode. I also got this amazing "high" from cutting off my air flow.

there are many people who self harm for punishment, relief, or other reasons, even people who you may not expect. i have self harmed for a long time, that i dont even remeber what the first time was like for me, and each time i get harder, feircer and deeper, which one day coul danger me. i did stop for a little while but it is hard to break the cycle. alot of peopel dont understand unless they have done it as well, and it hurts others when they see it happening espec. to someone close. i self harm for a way to punish myself, and cause harm to myself, becuase if others hurt me it doesnt feel so bad as i already harm myself, but i have more control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00