• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

September 30th

#1
It's the last day of September, a cool fall morning as the rain gently falls on my dwelling. I've been watching the Poseidon Adventure (1972) and the scene where actor Red Buttons describes working your way through a tough situation, and it reminded me of life.

He describes something like, "You see the horror around you, and you think that you can't go on, but step by step, slowly you begin to move on through the mess and somehow do it" and that's all I've ever known my life to be. A red flag to me is when others come to me telling me how good it's going to be, how it's going to get better, how the pain is going to end, how this is leading to all these great things, and to me it's all a lie as I've never known any of those things to be true. Instead, the truth is it's going to be hard; constant troubles of all sorts are going to come your way. Disappointment, loneliness, constant falls to picking yourself up again, just to fall once more. You get some help along the way, you have to say goodbye often, happiness comes in short bursts, confusion is rampant, uncertainty will be your friend.

I've had many 'How am I going to get through this?' situations in my life, and I'm in one right now. I've had time after time of thinking there is no way I'm getting out of this situation this time just to somehow find my way on the other side of it. I will give it my best and continue throwing blocks and punches to this never-ending foe in the boxing ring of life, constantly trying to complete this mission impossible that keeps changing and getting handed to me with everything I have to work with.

The rain is coming down a little harder now, and I know what's coming next. October is just around the corner, and I'm sure a new challenge or direction will come with it. Maybe it will destroy me this time, but I'm not going down without a fight. "Up is now down" on the Poseidon, and life it seems is often a reflection of that.

I hope everyone who reads this has a good last day of September, and indirectly I'm thinking of you and hoping you carry on the best you can with whatever you are dealing with today. We will never be here again, and nothing will last forever here even the pain. My thoughts 9/30.
Take care,
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top