• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Seroquel ..... again

So upon telling my dr of my thoughts of self harm (no plan, just thoughts) he wants me back on a low dose of seroquel to see if that tames the intrusive thinking brought on by my Ocd.
I was on this drug for a short period of time previously. Perhaps I did not give it enough time to stop the thoughts, but all it did was make me sleepy. He said sometimes augmenting it with an anti depressant helps. I am on Luvox.
Any opinions, experiences, etc. my therapist is on board with it. thanks..... still trying to save my life here....

Angie

Fiber Artist
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Seroquel is an interesting med. At low doses it is a great sleeper. At higher doses its a great anti psychotic.

It sounds like your doctor is working on a cocktail to address your symptoms. This is a good thing. Work with your doc and let us know how it goes.

Seroquel is an interesting med. At low doses it is a great sleeper. At higher doses its a great anti psychotic.

It sounds like your doctor is working on a cocktail to address your symptoms. This is a good thing. Work with your doc and let us know how it goes.
Thanks Angie. Realistically, unless my rumination is stopped and I find self forgiveness, I am doomed. No drug can help with self forgiveness but it may slow my brain to at least stop some of the madness.

Angie

Fiber Artist
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Well, you are (in my opinion) correct, the medication won't fix you 100%. It can help you. It can stabilize you. But medication won't do it all.

I know you are seeing a therapist and I highly recommend continuing that relationship. It took me literally years to get some relief from my childhood trauma issues.

God bless

Well, you are (in my opinion) correct, the medication won't fix you 100%. It can help you. It can stabilize you. But medication won't do it all.

I know you are seeing a therapist and I highly recommend continuing that relationship. It took me literally years to get some relief from my childhood trauma issues.

God bless
Yes....I definitely plan on continuing my therapy. In the interim, however some thing has to silence these thoughts. What does your medicine cocktail consist of? Has any one thing helped you the most? Thanks.

Angie

Fiber Artist
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
An anti psych such as Seroquel can help.

One thing to try is some kind of art. Art moves the brain to the other side. There have been studies on art as a help for fighting intrusive thoughts.

I'm not an artist but I can color. These days there is a huge selection of coloring books available. I highly recommend spending a few dollars on coloring books and markers/pens/pencils.

Another thing I find helpful is meditating on Scripture and studying different topics. Faith has been a big part of my ongiing recovery.

I wish you well. Keep sharing. It helps.

An anti psych such as Seroquel can help.

One thing to try is some kind of art. Art moves the brain to the other side. There have been studies on art as a help for fighting intrusive thoughts.

I'm not an artist but I can color. These days there is a huge selection of coloring books available. I highly recommend spending a few dollars on coloring books and markers/pens/pencils.

Another thing I find helpful is meditating on Scripture and studying different topics. Faith has been a big part of my ongiing recovery.

I wish you well. Keep sharing. It helps.
You are sweet. Thanks.
I will keep on plugging away at all this,
I need to find self love also.
That is the toughest....

Nick

☆☆Still Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@Hopeiseverything I couldn't agree more with what Angie said here. I'm not particularly good at art per say, I make greeting cards. It requires that same sort of creative thinking though. When the thoughts get their worst I work on my cards. If I can't bring myself to work on designing cards, I work on cutouts for future cards or other pieces. I also color or paint things for my cards.

Angie

Fiber Artist
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Any particular scripture readings that you can recommend? Thanks....especially any pertaining to forgiveness...self forgiveness in particular. Thank you.
I recommend the Psalms. The people went through much of what we go through. I will do a little research on the forgiveness topic and get back to you.

Don't lose hope!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00