Setraline

Ljt

Is anyone taking sertraline. I am on 100mg and been on it for maybe over s year. It’s doing nothing and I feel suicidle all the time.

Can anyone recommend anything??

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
have you told your doctor it's not working he may adjust the dose or change meds

ravens

SF Supporter
This med made me a lot worse personally. I had my only 2 attempts while on it not to mention the side effects. I'm sure it works for some people though I have heard.

Ljt

I only got side effects at the start but seems to be ok. I will be making an appointment to see my doctor to see what else/change my medication. It’s been very bad and testing the last few weeks.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Sounds like a change is in order if you're still actively suicidal. No one wants you to hurt yourself. If it's as easy as switching meds them you deserve to do that.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, I am sorry to hear that this medicine is not helping you at all.

I am on sertraline and have been since 2014 at 200mg, it does wonders for my anxiety levels and I think if you are still feeling suicidal you must tell your doctor. Its really the only way forward.

There are lots of other medications that could potentially help you, Mirtazapine is one that could as is Lexapro, a lot of people benefit from them but you must seek your doctors advice. I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Take back control of your life and get the help and support you need, it IS out there.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Hey there, sorry to hear that you're not getting any joy with sertraline. But, there are several options available if you discuss the ineffectiveness you're currently experiencing with your doc.

Apart from increasing the dose, you could be switched to an alternative SSRI or to a med from a different drug class. There's also the possibility of using add on therapy such as Mirtazepine which is quite a commonly used treatment strategey.

But, as already by others here @Ljt , make an appointment with your doctor to discuss who you've been feeling and how you feel that Sertraline is not working for you. Quite often, it can take several attempts to find the right med which suits you because naturally, different people can respond differently to medication.

Also, I was wondering if you have been or even considered some form of counselling/therapy? As quite often a combined approach can at times produce more effective results.

Take care, and hope a change in your current med regimen will help you.

Yodadan84

I tried Sertraline and Citalapram in the past and neither one seemed to do anything for me. You can go to a higher dose, but I would just recommend something different at this point if you're only getting negative effects. I use Escitalapram now(the newer version of Citalapram) and it seems to have good results, but that's just me. And yes, remember meds should be just an aid along with other coping skills, not a 100% fix regardless of who you hear that from. Wish you well

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00