SF Logo

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Along with all the coming updates we are considering updating/changing the SF Logo. If we have any creative members that would like to submit a logo for consideration you may do so by sending it to admin as an attachment to a Letter to Admin . We are exploring something including the suicide awareness ribbon and/of hands - like reaching out to help or support... this is just an idea being looked at by admin currently- your design could be absolutely anything that you feel is appropriate to the site.

No final decision has been made and we caution that there will be many things that go into consideration for the logo IF we do change it, so please understand while inviting and sincerely appreciating any submitted, if it is not chosen or even if we decide to keep same old logo it is not saying "is not good enough" .

(To be very frank- I personally like current logo- and have no interest in changing for the sake of change- and the only way it will change is with unanimous admin approval that it is not only good, but substantially better or more indicative of who we are than the current one)

If you would like to make a new logo for consideration I would love to see ideas.

Decent quality artwork - preferably 300ppi - not less than 72 in any case.
RGB color
not larger than 600 x 400 , should be scalable in size
No copyright or trademark issues - original work only.

If you would be upset if you spend an hour -or 3 or 4 hours - and not be selected please do use your time for this. These things are mostly subjective and choice is based on opinion and feel which is very individual thing. But all will be genuinely considered and appreciated, selected would receive SF Artist banner, and all ideas will help us get a better feel of how others may the site which is also of value.

Please- only completed artwork. It is virtually impossible for us to take explained ideas and turn them into a logo- if you have an idea but not the ability to make it into a logo ask for help from other members and all involved will be recognized if selected.

Current official logo -

SmallLogo.jpg

Last edited:

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Silly question. Silly answer: No, HEM, we want to see all the submissions in a fireworks display on the night of the town hall meeting. The one that gets the loudest 'Ohhhh!' from the crowd will be selected.

Never mind.
I really love when you have to quote your own post...
Yeah, Dan, submit your design to the People That Be.
And make it snappy, we don't have all day here waiting around for your pizza to cool.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Ok, but there's no reason for folks not to make a thread in "member artistic creations" to get some feedback about a sketch before submitting completed work, right?
https://www.suicideforum.com/community/forums/member-artistic-creations.28/
Any are welcome to share it in there if they like but we will only consider those messaged directly to Freya or I , or preferably attached to a letter to admin. This is simply because I do not want any confusion at all about it being submitted or not as a logo, or us to overlook one because we missed it in another thread.

Are we allowed to submit more than one logo?
Yes feel free submit any/as many as you like. We will be making a final decision though by the end of this month and all submissions must be received by the 22nd of September/ same date and time as the town hall meeting. Once the app and upgraded forum software are branded we will not be making a change due to amount of work in the case of the forum and expense in the case of the app.

Last edited:

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
We have already gotten a couple ideas- Thank you! Just an update, I will be giving out the SF Artist banner to anybody that submits a logo for consideration. If you are taking the time to make and submit it the work is already done and we learn and get ideas from every idea so thank you and I am happy to give the artist banner in return for your work and dedication.

If you are not sure what the SF artist banner is look above at @HumanExMachina to see what I mean.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just an update, I will be giving out the SF Artist banner to anybody that submits a logo for consideration. If you are taking the time to make and submit it the work is already done and we learn and get ideas from every idea so thank you and I am happy to give the artist banner in return for your work and dedication.
Bugger! I made 2 today but deleted them as I didn't think they were good enough.
I'll have another go tomorrow - not that I can promise they'll be any good either!!

P.S. It was a good distraction and an enjoying way to kill a few hours if nothing else! ;)

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Hey, today is the town hall meeting! I'll set the alarm on my phone so I won't forget. So let's see...it'll be at 3 pm back home, so that means it'll be happening at 10pm here in Crazy Amazing Fun Land. Yes, that was sarcasm, in case you were wondering.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00