Should I feel bad?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ljt, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi folks. Hope everyone is doing ok. When I first joined this website I posted about telling someone my issues and how I felt. Turned out to be the worst decision ever, they stopped being my friend and ignored me etc...

I have just found out that the person has fallen out with other people and has been pretty nasty to others. I was very good friends with this person for a number of years but when I told them about my depression and suicidle thoughts I was shunned.

I now feel really guilty that this person has fallen out with other friends and I don't want to look like I have turned my back on her. I don't know what to do and it's making me feel ill at the thought of them being lonely. I need help on what to do. I was so lonely and depressed when this person turned away from me in my time of need but I would feel really bad if I didnt put a hand out to help! What should I do. It's making me depressed and anxious and that's not a good combination as I will end up stressed and in a bad way.

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

need to remember that people on this site we befriend also have issues of own.
    perhaps she was nasty because of her illness
    has she asked personally for you to help?

3. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

You understand what it is like to be lonely, go ahead and contact her. When you do, remember how fearful you were to tell the truth. She may be ready and able to talk, she may push you away. Even if you do get pushed away just knowing someone cared enough to reach out can mean a lot to someone stuck in their own hell.

It sounds like she could not face your depression and suicide thoughts because they were too close to her own. Talking to someone is never a bad thing.

4. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi scary, sorry I should have said the person isn't on this forum. It's a personal friend I sm referring to. She hasn't asked for any help but she is stubborn that way.

Smw : I did wonder that maybe my issues brought back memories or triggered something. I still don't know what to do. I am so confused.

5. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

drop her a line? that you re around.

i think that s humane and also shows you re forgiving and that someone cares if she s bad off. and what you wanna do
    there s no harm in saying that you re around to help if she needs it, horses is right

6. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

I will never reach out again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.