sick and tired

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by letty, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letty

letty Banned Member

Just so tired of being sick. i have so many pills, i have PCP pneumonia and HIV. i am fighting a stomach flu right now.
    taking these pills seems so pointless, my body is already falling apart i am finding it hard to continue taking them. depression
    has taken control again, and i just cant stop crying and cutting, such a failure. just depressed and needed to vent

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Sorry such a rough time right now :hug:

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

If you feel your depression is the most critical obstacle, please speak with you doc to see if the meds are effective...also tell him/her how you are feeling as some of the other meds you are on may have depression, as such, as a side effect...I know how hard a battle with one's body is...I live it everyday, and some days I do better than others...please continue to post as I know many members who are also struggling as you are

4. letty

letty Banned Member

Hi Ben thank you for listening, and thank you Sadeyes i know you battle also, I feel I am prolonging what should happen, if i stop
    the pills i will die sooner, i keep getting sick. the illness has put a strain on my family and friends, the depression is getting worse, i am on wellbutrine and paxil,
    sorry for complaining,

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

don't be sorry hun perhaps a change of antidepressant would be needed hun or the dosage up IT is hard to fight depression especially when you are so ill Your family hun would not be better off without you they would have so much pain hun and sadness inside of them Please hun keep posting ok let the thoughts and sadness out a bit here hugs

6. letty

letty Banned Member

Thank you TE, i feel i would do my family good by dying. they wont have to hear me or see me get sick all the time, i use to be so active was able to work long hours but now i have become so weak i sleep alot and with a oxygen tank its hard to breath and do things. I am in alot of pain i just want to end it all.

7. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you are feeling so depressed and sad :( I am so tired and depressed too. I just want to be done.
    If it makes you feel any better I have HSV 1 & HSV 2.

8. letty

letty Banned Member

Autumn1 thank you for your support, i am sorry you are sick, I know i am not alone, neither are you. i wish i would vanish i hate myself .

9. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Letty, I was thinking about you the other day. Has anyone looked into whether your depression meds are interacting with your HIV meds? Some psychiatric medications affect the absorption of HIV meds, which I believe can cause vomiting and the HIV meds to not work as effectively. It was just an avenue worth considering as it may explain why your meds are not working as well as they should. My fiancé had really bad bloods and was verging on becoming extremely ill and as soon as he took his meds his HIV improved, but he was not taking any other medications. Has anybody considered this for you?

10. letty

letty Banned Member

Hi Lexi, the answer is no, i think i should have them look into that, i didnt think about it, thank you, i hope you are doing well, and your fiance also. lately just eating rice makes me sick, i have lost my appetite, thank you for your reply.

11. Butterfly

It could be possibly worth a shot. I'm part of an HIV support forum in the UK and there are some very knowledgeable people on there and people who have had all sorts of bloods and problems. There was someone on there with a T cell count of 50 and viral load of 1 million plus. Took him a while but the meds have really helped him and he feels a lot better, which is why I don't understand why they are not working so well for you which is why I thought about the depression meds avenue.

12. letty

letty Banned Member

Hi Lexi, my t-cell count was 35 and my viral load was 188,000, my doctor changed my meds. the reyataz and she was not willing to change it to a med that would work. I caught pneumonia and my lungs are really bad, i have had several surgeries, i cant seem to get ahead, i dont know why the meds. dont work right thats what makes me want to quit all this, i seem to keep getting sick, its so discouraging,

13. Butterfly

There are so many meds to try though, they are clearly not working so why won't she try something else? My fiancé takes abacavir, lamivudine and efavirenz and has had very little side effects bar the initial hallucinations and drunkenness feeling which wore off after a week. But consult with a pharmacist about the possible interactions between the meds, because I know on my Seroquel packet it says do not take if you are on HIV medication e.g abacavir and I think It says it on my duloxetine label too.

14. letty

letty Banned Member

She wouldnt help me, the HIv just got worse and so did the infections, i take seroquel also, no one has said to change that its like they dont give a damn about me i say something to them and they ignore me, the heath care for AIDS here is aweful, even the doctors dont care. that makes me feel like why should i then. Thank you Lexi for you.

15. Butterfly

Can you not change doctors?

16. letty

letty Banned Member

I have Lexi , i had to go out of my city to do that, i tried changing doctors here but they only have 3 and the other doctors wouldnt take me, so i went to a clinic and i dropped my doctor and just started seeing a new one. he is not there every month i saw him 2 months ago i see him again in August, my body is all messed up now. She should have not changed my meds in the beginning. i really appreciate your help Lexi, i am tired of this battle, tired of being ignored by my health system here, and tired of being sick, it just feels like a loosing battle,

17. Butterfly

Awww letty hun. You WILL get better sweetie, I know it's tough sweetie, but you've got to keep fighting hunni :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.