Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by meaningless-vessel, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm not able to communicate what I want to. Coupled with a thread I recently posted about either continuing to get myself hurt or hurting others I just don't seem to be able to find that "balance".

Overthinking/over-analytical can be said of me, but right now I am struggling to avoid being numb. A lot of previous progress that I had been making seems to have flipped into a slide backwards and I do not understand how or why.

Just feels like the boat I've been keeping just above the surface of water has had extra weight added and is unable to cope. But where it's all come from - I have no idea. So I don't want to go "crying wolf" to a doctor to find it's nothing, purely because I don't know what may have started it.

Sorry for being a pain.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It would be up to your doctor to help you find what the cause of this downward spiral is ok Doctor has the experiance to do that Plus your doctor should always be aware of how your mental state is and if there is any changes to it
  3. PullMeUnder

PullMeUnder Member

Despite how well we may think we know ourselves, clinically trained doctors may know better. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Even if the doctor determines it is just mild depression or the like they can still help give you a clearer picture about what you are dealing with. They may be able to help you learn how to decide what is just a passing depression and what is something you may need extensive treatment for. They deal with this all the time. I myself am an over thinker and over analyzer. It is a gift and a curse. If the professional you find isn't helping don't be afraid to seek out another. Some people just don't work together and this won't help you. Also, asking for help is never "being a bother". We are all in need at some point.
  4. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Yup, the gift or curse of being an overthinker. Racing and repetitive thoughts suck. I have heard meditation can help with this maybe.

Perhaps talking to a psychologist might help about why the progress seems to have stopped if you arent talking to one already?
  5. meaningless-vessel

I am lacking the drive to pick up the phone. Had the whole day off, and didn't want to burden the docs for I don't believe it to be important :hiding:

When I'm at work it hurts to put the plastic, insincere smile on and be talkative to customers, there's no alternative available.

Numbness is taking a hold and I'm reluctant to resolve my own battle. The one with myself that is.
  6. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Fuck what the receptionist/doc thinks for calling. They are there to help and in they are grumpy they probably have their own issues to deal with.

And I hate having to put up the happy vibe in front of others too, takes so much energy. It must be especially hard with customers, i havent been employed since my rough times started i can imagine though.
  7. meaningless-vessel

I just don't know how long this "numb" episode will last - I hate myself for it because I've always put emotion into everything I've done. Whether it's love/hate, peace/war, anger/sadness - and I'm worried how this will affect my relationship for I don't want my gf to be burdened by me :? .

Customers? Well - some can go take a running jump with how snotty they are. Because things are done differently - they moan. Because they don't win - they moan. Give me strength... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the more you gamble, the more you are likely to lose - and that gambling is a choice. Yes, some do it because it gets them out and about - but don't moan for losing when you're prepared to spend the money in the first place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.