So confused

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by sadcat, May 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Losing all perspective of what to do.
    Being told by doctors that i am no longer over weight.
    But my weight is still too much based on BMI.
    The doctors telling me to ignore the BMI.
    Am so confused.
    Been trying to lose weight for 5 years.
    Now that I am close, they are telling me to stop.
    Even my cancer support group is saying i am too thin now , to stop.
    But i want to lose another 20 pounds.
    I am so confused.
    Am afraid I am out of control.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you can listen to your doctor ok hugs to you
  3. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

I wish I could listen to him too.
    But I do not believe him.
    He said the BMI is just a computer thing, and that I should ignore it.
    Been getting my BMI is too high for the last 60 years by all sorts of doctors.
    How do I just forget it.
    I am going to continue to lost weight til i am at least 5 pounds below the normal weight hi.
    I do not know whether i am right in this or not.
    But my doctor has no basis for such a statement.
  4. TheStruggle

TheStruggle Active Member

BMI numbers aren't important because it doesn't take muscles into consideration. Besides, you should believe him. Numbers, scales, they don't matter. You have to believe in yourself and trust in your doctor. BMI numbers are guidelines, but they shouldn't be the most important thing.
  5. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Why do I have to trust a doctor.
    Cardiology lied to me for a year telling me that they did not know how long I would live.
    Then one of them told me I could die any minute.
    They all lied to me , and I have no idea why they did it.
    BMI numbers are the standard. No one can just dismiss them , simply because it makes their arguement work better.

I have decided to lost another 15 pounds .
  6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

the doctor who said ignore the numbers is probably right. can't spend your life obsessing over some numbers. especially if they're within and around the norm or so.

others probably covered the truth a bit to cause you less stress
  7. sadcat

sadcat Well-Known Member

Since scary forest has seen fit to attack my in the suicide crisis forum here, I will try to respond to the replies here:

To total eclipse: i do not trust the doctor's words. I feel they were self serving. I have been trained for 60 years by every single do tor that I have ever seen to use the BMI to determine normal weight. I simply do not believe what i was told by my doctor.

To The Struggle: You say I should not consider the BMI to be important. You say believe in myself , and trust the doctor. I do consider the BMi to be very important and so does every doctor i ever met. I do not trust this doctor.

And to scaryForest: i do appreciate your comments. You said to ignore the BMI numbers per the doctor. You said that the numbers around the norm. They are the accepted approach by every doctor. What else is there?

And to my upset over being lied to for 12 months by cardiology, who told my son that i would die any minute. In answer to my feeling that doctors can nit be trusted. you said they covered the truth a bit to give you less stress. They expected me to die any minute. Yet , they , by their actions, prevented me from getting any hospice help. They caused me to go in to get 2 months (every weekday) of radiation , when I was so weak , that even one treatment should have killed me. THEY HAD NO RIGHT, to make such a far reaching decision. That is the problem. They think that they know everything. But , they do not.

And your attitude ScaryForest, leaves a lot to be desired. This is a support forum. Not a tear me down forum. This is a forum where i came to get help, not be criticized , if i was unable to accept your comments as gospel.

I am sorry, if you think that I ignored your comment. I did not ignore it. I felt that it tore me down too much, and that put me off from being able to accept your words as intended to be for support.

I do appreciate all of the comments I received here. Okay, I was unable to go with the suggestions. That saddens me . That you offered help, that helped me get thru another hard day.

8. TheStruggle

TheStruggle Active Member

No, no, please don't give up. We love you, and we want you to keep going. It's hard to listen, and I don't blame you for being unable to go with our suggestions. Just know that I care, and I want you to smile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.