so depressed

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

since my guinea pig's death I am so depressed...I sleep all the time...and I could sleep some more, and it's so dark and gloomy outside, so cold...it's not helping...

Some days I want to give up...and I can't keep calling my mom anytime because I'm not feeling well...she wants me to call if i don't feel well but idk...and I hate being vulnerable and needing help...

a friend is offering me to get me some food, and I feel so guilty like I'm taking advantage of her, but I really have no more money, because I used it on my guinea pig...and I would like it...still I feel bad, like I'm a bad and weak person...I'm a loser...

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you are a strong person hun to accept help when you need it hugs

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi sweetie. I know you. You are not weak or a loser. You are a good person. You are strong. You are grieving. That added to depresion and anxiety can cause what you describe. Please hear me when I say that this is not who you are. It is what you are grappling with at this time. loss.

Please try to accept the food from your friend. You did not spend money frivously. you used it on a loved one. You used that money out of love. And you deserve food. You deserve to be given to. You deserve to be comforted. Imagine if you were the kind of person who did not spend every cent she had, and then some, to try to help her guinea pig in any way possible. you did that because you have a good heart. And this good heart is why your friend wants to help you. Because you are a good friend and a good person. I know this for a fact :hug:

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

thank you for replying :) I find it hard to accept help and I feel that because I accept help, I'm a loser to society since I need others in order to survive...I need to find a way to change the way I see things...it's hard though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.