So difficult.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ljt, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi. How is everyone. I have been out drinking again. I know I shouldn't as I am on anti depressants but I feel it's a way of forgetting everything. But when I stop drinking there is this urge to cause myself harm.

I would not class myself as an alcoholic but when i drink I don't want to stop as it makes me feel relaxed. I have no one to turn to exept you guys and I am sorry for putting my issues on you folks. I wish something would happen to me. Like getting hit by a car or falling into a river just something to take this pain away.
  2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Well, there's an old saw in AA about how "if you're wondering whether..., then probably..." I won't say this applies to you, since that would be remote diagnosis by me. But denial is a big part of most destructive behavior patterns, not just alcoholism. It's something to think about.

I hope you are safe. You haven't really put any issues on the membership here, as you will of course be the only one dealing with whatever is going on in your life. Feel free to share thoughts and feelings here, if you wish. I don't know of anything that takes pain away, at least when I have pain. Pain seems to come, or go, of its own accord. There may be ways to learn how to live with the presence of painful causes and concerns, so that they don't hobble us like cows in a stockyard. I admit I'm not good at coping skills, other than knowing they exist. It may help to avoid alcohol, which can itself cause depressive symptoms. Smoking and drinking cessation have helped me; I'm not well, but would be worse off if I still did those things.

You are always welcome here, anyhow. Best deserve the best in life.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Morning, hope you did not get a hangover? Do not worry now. Pills and drinking does not help. You need to be strong and take take. Keep posting..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.