So, err..

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Christina., May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christina.

Christina. Member

So, uhm. Haven't been here in ages, lots of things happened since my last visit here. So, I've eben diagnosed with anorexia. I mean, I eat. A lot. And mostly junk food which should make me fat. But I weight like, 87 lbs. Which is around 39kg. And I'm 16, also 5'2 tall. So liiiiike.. Since then.. My apetite kinda disappeared. I'm starting to eat less, maybe once a day. And it's like, a toast sandwich or such. Not sure why, I'm not actually the type that starves self, but I'm growing a liking in it.. As if I'm supposed to give them a reason to call me anorexic. :/ I don't really know why I'm doing this, nor how the hell am I supposed to stop so.. Help? D:

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I don't know either, but I know that once you first get diagnosed with something like this--or anything else--there is a tendency, and therefore a danger, to subconsciously "play the part!" Don't do that.:) It's human nature: oh, I've got general anxiety disorder? I guess I'm supposed to be anxious all of sudden, so here goes! In any case, many communities have professional programs to help treat eating disorders. If you look into them, they can help you out. I know that the one we have locally is highly successful and individually tailored to your specific needs. Therapy can also be helpful, from what I've heard, unfortunately (or fortunately) I've not had much experience in this arena, so I cannot offer first hand advice. But I wish you the best of success in eating healthier and therefore, feeling better. It's hard to function properly when we are malnourished.

3. Christina.

Christina. Member

Well, the problem is, I'm Croatian. And my croatian, as being my native language, sucks. My vocabulary is bullshit and so are my attempts to try and form a word. I suck at it and I'm better at English which is giving me problems..

4. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. But I don't understand what you mean? Are you saying that you don't understand my previous post? If so, is there any specific part that I can try to restate in a plainer fashion? Most people from here--America--can barely comprehend me, so don't feel too out of place! I almost need a walking translator or something.:)

5. Christina.

Christina. Member

Oh no, I haven't said that, I understood you perfectly. I was saying that because I'm croatian, I can't express my feelings and thoughts too well because I comprehen english language a lot better. And most people around here don't speak english well enough to understand me because of my American accept which makes me "swallow" words and I talk really fast. D: I'm sorry that my reply took over a month, too. I've... had some troubles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.