• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

So getting my anti depressants tomorrow

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#1
As above talked to the doc today they told me there is many kinds and that they can order me some over the phone got an email from my chemist saying they were ready to pick up she said the only issue I should have is when I take it in the morning for the first week I will feel nauseas can anyone confirm this but she said that should be the only issue.

They gave me 2 months worth then they will review where we stand then
 

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
#3
Experiencing nausea caused by antidpressants is a possibility, it's a side effect experienced by some but not others. Though troublesome at first, it usually improves over time as your body gets used to it.
Best time of the day for taking antidepressants, that can vary on the drug type, potential side effects, influence on quality of life etc. So I'd say best to kick things off by taking it as recommended by your GP/pharmacist. Also, try to take it at roughly the same time each day, as this can help to maintain a more uniform plasma level of the drug within your system and so theoretically a more consistent therapeutic effect.
 

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
#7
Having been on quite a few over the years, I only experienced nausea with one. I spoke to my GP who suggested taking half in the morning and the other half before bed. This worked brilliantly and within a couple of weeks I was back to taking it in one dose in the morning. But as @Ash600 said, talk to your doc before you make any changes.
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#8
Thanks again had a slight hick up my chemist has closed early because of the heat so not been able to get them went all that way to find a note on the door hope there opem Friday but this heat is in till at least later Sunday and if they do make me ill i have workmen in are house next week till the end of the month remodelling are bathrooms not sure they would like me being ill while they work around me lol
 

MAC0

Y.N.W.A
SF Supporter
#11
So took my first one today as i had to check with the doc on something not sure why the double page massive sheet of instructions and the making me nauseous scared me big time
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top