So sick of depression

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by GreyCat, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

I am in bed, I know I should go out for a walk, to make myslef feel better physically, but getting dressed seems to be beyond me, its ridiculous, I could do it, but I just have no energy whatsoever.

I am still functioning. I have a job, a horrible job where I am not appreciated at all, where I am stuck. I have been looking for another one but cannot bring myslef to apply when I am afraid to go to interviews. I never talk about how I'm feeling anymore, my friends and family do not understand, I'm sure they think its all in my head, and that I am just self indulgent.

I enjoy nothing in life anymore. The only time I ever feel anything better than completely shit is when I am drunk or on drugs. This is something I do not do regularly because I know it would be very easy for me to fall into some bad habits. When I was younger I was able to get away with getting wasted often, and it was the best time of my life. The antidepressants I take do work in that they stop me from feeling hysterical and stop me from obsessing about death and bad memories. They enable me to go outside, without feeling unmanageably bad about how ugly and fat I look.

I don't even know why I am writing here. I don't even feel like I can connect with anyone anymore. People speak to me in real life and I just want them to shut the fuck up, I have no interest whatsoever. I can't give the right response anymore. I talk to people and have to concentrate on listening, on not looking spaced out and bored. I am drifting further away.

I can't believe my days are getting used up and wasted in this way, what I really want to do is just walk away from my life. I am isolated and lonely and lethargic. I push people away and I can't help it.

So sick of it. meh
  2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

I feel as you do about some things. Have you thought about other help as well as the antidepressants? I'm glad you found this site. Welcome and hugs.
  3. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Maybe have a word with your gp about alteratives to help you on the road to recovery, he she will more likely suggest exercise, keeping a healthy diet, reducing stress, avoiding your triggers, eating regularly and sleeping 8-9 hrs sleep a night and avoiding caffeine after 7pm
  4. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Skinnylove, I know all those can help but how can anyone with depression get the energy or motivation to do all or any of those things without help irl?
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you do as little as you can until you are able to do more one step time first step reach out for help
  6. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

what about watching a movie or reading a book you enjoy if that helps. Just take little baby steps if you need to. start by doing one activity at a time if not phone your cpn nurse. Or just think where would you be say in few weeks time and work that way. if you are on meds then take them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.