Something else gone wrong

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Theodora, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Something else has gone wrong. Only trivial for a normal person or one with family and friends. But it's triggered the tears and the fears. It's my own fault if I didn't put things off. I can't blame the depression. Or not all. Even writing this is a way os escaping dissociating from my feelings. I promised myself that I would be honest so am not going to tidy this up. I'm switching off from my feelings.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry something hasn't worked out the way you'd planned or hoped for, I think though, that you should stay in touch with your feelings/emotions, dissociating can make things complicated especially if it involves you bottling things up.

3. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Thanks CocaCola, I think coping the way I do is so ingrained I don't know how not to. I can sound or act so cool, calm etc I think I fool myself. I daren't look at the feelings. I coped when I had people in my life. Not well but not badly. Now there is no one except here. My docs good but my age means others give up on you. Meds have never worked for me. Reading on here has made me think about therapy again. Was in therapy for a few years. Don't think I or therapist gelled. She was Jungian. Probably not right approach. Right now I'm not up to arranging it.

4. Mozart

Mozart Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this,Theodora,but please don't bottle things up ( comes the advice from the master bottler ).Sorry also about my recent behaviour,but I was through the floor,underneath actually .Hope you forgive me for that.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs ok please hun do reach out to new therapist ok hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.