Star - the Princess Kitty, the "funny hunny bunny cat", the Astrocat

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Acy, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Star, my best little friend in the whole world is gone - hopefully to a place where she is happy and feeling well. She was sick and going downhill quickly, so I made that horrible decision today.

Like a little princess, Star always told me exactly what she wanted and when she wanted it. When I fed Star, she would sit up on her haunches, looking for all the world like a "bunny cat". Because of her name, Star, I called her the Astrocat.

I am so lonely and sad right now.

RIP Star baby. I love you.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Oh Acy I am ever so sorry and sad to hear this news. I know how much you loved Star and how much she loved you :( Hope you'll be okay honey :( :hug:

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I am so so sorry Acy. I don't know what to say but I am sending huge virtual hugs :hug:

4. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oh hun I am so sorry. I know what its like to have to make that decision. Don't question yourself, you did the right thing for Star. I don't know what else to say but that I know what you are going through and I am here for you if you need to talk.

Angie

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Oh Acy i am sorry sorry to hear you lost your Star hugs to you ok

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Oh nooooooo!!!!! *tears are coming* star was your baby, your friend, your comfort. I am so so so sorry Acy. I know how much you loved star. I am incredibly sorry to hear this. Much love to you hun and if you need anything at all just message me.

So sad :(

7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Nooooooo! Oh Acy, hugs hugs and more hugs. :(
    So sorry, I know how I felt after the Lem died.

8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm so sorry for your loss, Acy! :hug:

9. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am so sorry Acy :hug:

10. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Acy, I am so sorry to hear that you lost Star. She was you love. It is so hard to lose a pet. Wishing you the peace that comes in knowing you made the right decision.

11. Acy

Thank you everyone. I am so lonely in the apartment. I keep looking for her even though I "know" she's not there. This will stop happening; things will feel more stable again. In the meantime, I miss her company, her cat opera purrs, her being underfoot when I'm in the kitchen. How many wonderful moments we had together since I am missing her so much now. Star, I love you!

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Acy...it's heartbreaking :( I would not be able to count how many times I saw you speak of your beloved star. You are right, time heals but you must be getting support through these hard days honey..and we are there for that. Huge hugs :hug:

13. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry, Acy.

14. Acy

Thanks again, all. I am remembering all the funny kitty-cat things she did, and all the unique "Star" qualities she brought into our life together. Every creature offers unique gifts and I was blessed to spend many happy years with Star. *fills with love thinking of her*

15. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Take some time to grieve (it took me over 3 years), and then think about another mog.
    Just think, maybe in a shelter, there's a mog desperate for a home and you have so much love to give.

16. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry to hear this Acy. Though in the time She was here, it sounds like you guys shared alot of warmth and love. Can't really ask for more in this life. Hope you feel better and continue those smiles

17. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

Oh no! Acy, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty. I know how much you loved Star and what a wonderful companion she was to you. Sending virtual hugs to you and prayers too. :hug:

18. Acy

Thanks to all again for your kind, supportive thoughts.

I come home and open the door still half-thinking she's going to be really hungry tonight...even though I "know" she isn't going to dart out from under the table to demand dinner. Such a strange experience - knowing she isn't there, and looking for her anyway. I do have lots of good, warm, cuddly memories!