starting to give up

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by YODA1066, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YODA1066

YODA1066 Well-Known Member

i am finding myself starting to give up on everything in my life, feeling low most of the day, finding it hard to even find a reson to get out of bed, i am withdrawing from people i know i am i can see it happening yet can not stop my self, i have a wonderful G/F i have job so why the fuck am i being like this? why is it EVERY blooming time i am happy i start to destroy it? if it wernt for the fact i had to go out for shopping i know that i would just stay in all the time,g/f is supposed to be round today and i should be happy about that but i am just so indifernt i dont careles
    why do i even bother fighting anymore it is just so much easier to give in isnt it? :(
  2. HelgasAngel

HelgasAngel Well-Known Member

why do you bother fighting? Well, you said it yourself. you have a wonderful girlfriend. you have a job. Maybe deep down you feel you don't deserve those things so you self sabotage. Some people feel they don't deserve what they have in life so they tailor their mindset to only think negative thoughts or they do certain things that would ultimately result in their losing of what they have on purpose. People often do it on a subconscious level, too. Just a theory. Not saying this describes you. If you need a harsher response to your question you can find an equally harsh solution. I don't condone it but whenever I attempted suicide in the past and I didn't go through with it, the things that I didn't feel were worth "fighting for" or didn't even consider suddenly came to light. On the brink of death, people strongly consider such things. They decide whether they're worth giving up. God bless.
  3. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Awww hugs hun Don't give up
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Maybe you feel that you don't deserve to be happy and so you try to sabotage it. At least that's what I've done and it's a habit that's hard to break. I know you want to give up but I hope that things will get better for you. Remember that you do deserve happiness and a good life.
  5. elevatorpass

elevatorpass Active Member

life always feels worse than it is... just step outside yourself and try to see life in a new way.. life isn't always about being happy, but about
    experiences.. the shit ones always makes me see life in a new way and not as dramatic as i used to.. at the moment I've plastered in over a 1000 patches of psoriasis, an over immune system reaction.. that should go in time.. I'm holding on.. I wanted and do to leave it all.. but I'm just trying to think it will go.. I know my family and friends would be so upset if i did something stupid.. but it's hard.. I'm new here.. but I know we are all here to help eachother mate..

6. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Maybe u should try distracting yourself take your mind off life for a while if that helps
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.