stick together

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I hope that this thread will bring people together that suffer from chronic pain/illness. I appreciate every hug that I get and it helps and I appreciate all the empathy that I receive from others. but someone that suffers from chronic pain/illness understands what another sufferer goes through and if we can share our pain or our good days we won't feel so alone we know that someone else goes through what we go through. please feel free to share good or bad. for me the biggest problem is in the morning before my pain meds but the worst part is almost every evening I have spikes that last 2 or 3 hours before the new meds work. does this happen to anyone else?....mike

Leesa

I hope that this thread will bring people together that suffer from chronic pain/illness. I appreciate every hug that I get and it helps and I appreciate all the empathy that I receive from others. but someone that suffers from chronic pain/illness understands what another sufferer goes through and if we can share our pain or our good days we won't feel so alone we know that someone else goes through what we go through. please feel free to share good or bad. for me the biggest problem is in the morning before my pain meds but the worst part is almost every evening I have spikes that last 2 or 3 hours before the new meds work. does this happen to anyone else?....mike
I was just nearing the end of a post and it disappeared. I have 4 things going on. 2 developed within the past year. They all fight for attention. I wish I had my 9 year old body back... jumping and running and sleeping.

Charlene

SF Supporter
hey dodge, I suffer from chronic back pain but I dont think that I reached the state you are in. At the moment I have severe difficulties and a painlevel of 7/10 for more than three months now. I can still handle it but the psychological aspects are more and more present. What if I will never be able to turn my neck? What if I finally have to live with these restrictions throughout the rest of my life. I do lots of exercises atm and they do not really help with the neck but with the rest of the body and give me some impression of controllability. But I slightly lose hope too. I do my best and all I can. Following a bio-psycho-social model I try to distract myself with caring people, laugh a lot, try to not stay home because of the pain and exercise. But the anxiety of lose my flexibility is here next to me. I did ballet and gymnastics when I was young, I walk like an old women sometimes now. We all get older, our bodies become weaker and I wish I can bear my frailties with patience one day. Be thankful for all my body was and still is allowing me to do now.
Sending many hugs your way.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
hey dodge, I suffer from chronic back pain but I dont think that I reached the state you are in. At the moment I have severe difficulties and a painlevel of 7/10 for more than three months now. I can still handle it but the psychological aspects are more and more present. What if I will never be able to turn my neck? What if I finally have to live with these restrictions throughout the rest of my life. I do lots of exercises atm and they do not really help with the neck but with the rest of the body and give me some impression of controllability. But I slightly lose hope too. I do my best and all I can. Following a bio-psycho-social model I try to distract myself with caring people, laugh a lot, try to not stay home because of the pain and exercise. But the anxiety of lose my flexibility is here next to me. I did ballet and gymnastics when I was young, I walk like an old women sometimes now. We all get older, our bodies become weaker and I wish I can bear my frailties with patience one day. Be thankful for all my body was and still is allowing me to do now.
we all suffer in different ways, and to me one persons pain is just as valid as anothers,especially chronic pain. I usually live in 5 or 6 range sometimes lower and always a spike every evening. all we can do is continuously try to get better the most that we can. and live with what pain we do have. but yes the constant pain does take it's toll on us and sometimes we falter. we sometimes have to rely on the strength of our friends to build us back up so we can fight on our own again. you are not alone a lot of us struggle with chronic pain...mike...*console*hug

Leesa

I fully relate as I sit here in a neck brace.

Leesa

i'm sorry that you suffer as well
The neck is new. I've had issues but it never really imp
Hey sorry to hear this. I send you best wishes for a fast recovery.
Me too. I've had chronic pelvic pain since I was a teenager. I've had neck problems but they have been manageable for the most part. Now it's impacting daily activities and I'm scared at the thought of it never getting better. I feel like no matter what I do, I can't improve any situation in my life and I feel helpless.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00