Still struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ljt

I got my meds put up to 100mg sertraline but it's not doing anything. I need something to calm me down at night and help me to sleep. I don't think I can wait a couple of weeks for the meds to kick in

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Ljt

I am on 200mg of sertraline a day, I find it very good at quenching anxiety. There are med that works straight away for anxiety, sleep etc.. such as xanax, valium, ativan, klonopin but they are addictive so you might not want to go down that road or your doctor might not want to but I am on valium along with other meds and they work great for me. Perhaps ask the doctor if there is something you can take until the sertaline takes effect?

Ljt

Hi petal, thanks for your advice. I am due back at the doctors in a couple of weeks and I will see how I get on until them.
I wish this would just go away and I can relax with no stresses but that's impossible

Unknown_111

Forum Buddy
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I hope you get the right meds as they will worth. Usually six weeks to kick in. Just tell your doctor that you cannot sleep at all. You have to strong, as you have done so far. Tell the doctor and perhaps try group therapy. Be safe.

Ljt

What is happening to me. I feel like a huge weight on my chest.

I want this to end. I wish I had the guts to end it all.

ChestnutMay

Antiquities Friend
Ljt, Unknown_111 is right - you need to let your doctor know you can't sleep. Don't wait until your next scheduled appointment. Since he's just seen you, he might be willing to call something in to your local pharmacy. Petal mentions some of the meds that help with sleep -here's another one: lunesta. Pricey, but works well.

You need your sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00