Struggle

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by GreyCat, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

I feel really low today. I am feeling really anxious about silly things that don't matter- and I am feeling like I can't stop everything from falling apart. Not sure if my meds are working maybe I need more or something. I'm not doing anything about any other kind of therapy though, and I guess this is wrong. I have nobody to talk to because people in the real world make me feel even more like a weirdo if I try to say how I am feeling. I told my friends I had depression and none of them ever ask me how I am, in fact they have distanced themselves from me. I don't really have any friends anymore. I don't know what to do anymore, I have to drag myself up out of this hole and fast but I'm finding it very hard. I do want to live, but not like this.

It's really hurt me to be abandoned by my friends, even though I understand that people have their own lives and all that. It just makes me feel that I wasn't worth the effort to them, and my sense of self esteem has taken a big knock in the last few years. I never felt great about my achievements, or my looks or anything like that, but I did used to think I was a likeable person and was able to make friends and get on with people and have fun with them. I don't feel like I can do it anymore, I think people think I'm odd and they don't want to be around me. I just don't know what to do in this situation, because for thirty years I wasn't like that. It's a real problem.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun sorry you are struggling so YOur friends they just don't understand depression one cannot really understand unless they have felt it themselves I do wish you could talk to your doctor about perhaps changing your medication some tell doctor the meds are not working try some new ones or up the ones you are on. I feel talking to someone does help too perhaps a councillor a therapist would help you You can always talk here okay we understand we know that darkness I do hope you get the help now okay so you do not go too deep Hugs to you

3. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

Thanks Eclipse :) hugs back at ya. hope u r doing ok.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Im ok hun thanks for the hug back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.