Struggling With Food

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by brknsilence, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Almost 10 weeks pregnant and been struggling with the morning sickness still. Had struggled off and on for 22 years with an eating disorder. Mostly anorexia than the bulimia. I been trying to eat for the baby but a lot of times food is having me feel so sick. My husband's best friend who does crisis (psychiatrist) was over at our house the other night. He asked me if me feeling ill from the thought of food was from the morning sickness or the eating disorder. I told him it was from the morning sickness. I didn't tell him I been getting triggered a lot over this morning sickness. Just can't pinpoint what I can eat. And at times feel like making myself sick to feel better. I'm scared to gain the weight but knowing I need to. Just hard. I just don't want to gain a whole lot. Just not sure if I'm suppressing the eating disorder or it's really the morning sickness than anything.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am so sorry you have to struggle like this hun.

From what I've heard pregnancy can make you crave and hate certain foods, right? Would it be an idea to run a test? over some days try different kinds of food and see how you react? And know which are safe for you?

*hugs you*

3. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

I can try. Just the thought of eating anything has me feeling ill. I just have to risk it and eat something hoping not to get more sick. Going to make spaghetti tonight. Hoping I can stomach it. I'll see how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.