1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by xtest55, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtest55

xtest55 New Member

I sit her struggling with depression. I feel that I have let the most important people in my life down. Everything is hitting me at once and I don't know what to do. My wife loves me and tries to help. It is hard for me to let her know the depth of my mental pain. I play all of my mistakes over and over in my mind. All the bad decisions. I wish I could make these right but I can't and it tears at me. I am very confused right now and don't know what to do.

2. heartland

heartland New Member

Hang in there! I know what you are feeling, as I feel like this most of the time. It's good that your wife tries to help you. Atleast you have someone that you can lean on. I wish you luck. I will pray for you. Hugs.....

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi xtest55. I am glad you found this community. And I am very sorry you are grappling with depression. This is a great community. you can be honest here. And people mostly will really hear you. And understand the depth of pain that depression brings.

I will say one thing I have noticed about depression. When the mind is depressed it cannot think so clearly. Often I think I am a horrible person. I think I do everything wrong. I write this to you because you wrote "I play all of my mistakes over and over in my mind. All the bad decisions." I have noticed that it is often the nature of depression ( amongst other conditions) for the mind to replay what it see as the mistakes. While not being able to recognize the positive things we are, do etc. I am not saying this is the case for you. But it is common. And it is the case for me. I offer no great antidote. I think I might be a wealthy woman if I knew of a great antidote. Wealthy and healthy :) Are you in counselling and on medication?

I believe people, on one level, when they tell me i am far more than the depression. But it is hard to believe this on deeper levels. I do like posting here. Can say what I feel ( especially in the members diary). What a huge gift. And it is a community here. People who understand the pain. People who live similar pain. I hope you will post whenever you need to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.