stuck in ptsd

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by me84, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me84

me84 Active Member

I just feel so stuck in my mind I cannot escape. I feel so alone. No one really understandsm I get the ... well it will go away. Or you should be fine by now. I just do nt know how to recover. I cannot keep a job. If there is fighting or yelling even l loud noises I have an attack. It has been 4 years since I was diagnosed but it has not got better. I feel like im slowly letting go. I don't know how to stop this process. The more I try to make changes the more it becomes real that its always there waiting for me to break down.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Are you getting any professional help with this?
  3. me84

me84 Active Member

I have a psychiatrist and therapist.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, does your psychiatrist and therapist know how you feel? If not make them aware as it's very hard to deal with this alone. Don't suffer in silence. I hope you feel better soon :hug:
  5. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

I can not say I know how you feel, I do not. I do know that there is no fast "fix". My daughter has made it her mission in life. She is in her 3rd year to receive a phyc degree then she wants to go on to medical school and specialize when she is done with fighting PTSD. One reason she is going is because there is not a lot of help out there.

She suffers from it also.

She spends most of her free time trying to help other kids at school. She needs better grades but will never turn anyone away.... :(

I agree with Petal, tell the people who are suppose to be helping you that what they are doing/saying/suggesting is not helping. Hopefully they are keeping up with the new ideas and research that is being done and can change to something that will help you.

Each horse I train I train differently. People are much more complex. I do not understand how anyone could believe that one method would solve everything. If your therapists are not willing to figure out a different approach then find a different ones.

6. little lucy

little lucy Active Member

I feel stuck in PTSD too. It consumes me. I feel like nobody understands or cares. I also can't keep a job. I recently started a new job and I am hoping not to screw this one up.
  7. ausy94

ausy94 New Member

I have PTSD also and have found that bioenergetic a through a man on YouTube named Elliot hulse really helped me. One of the things he does is just takes a pillow and hits it off a bed while screaming and yelling to reales the build up anger and frustration. I hit my bed so hard the first time I did it that it broke two 2x4's however when I was done I slept like a baby. I never had felt so releiwved in such a long long time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.