stuck in the abyss

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Pete H, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Pete H

Pete H New Member

I've just joined so not sure how this works. I've suffered with mental health issues for years and its basically destroyed my life and continues to destroy me. I've lost a number of houses, jobs and now my second wife has left me for a friend. The NHS have left me without any medical support for the last month and I'm at rock bottom. Having suicidal thoughts now everyday and spend my days in.bed as I've steadily lost any friends. Can it get any worse ?

2. SA76

SA76 Member

Hi Pete,
    Welcome to SF.
    its really unfortunate to hear you are having a tough time. Things do get better with time.
    Is there a support group in your area you could attend, or ring a helpline see what they may suggest? Sounds wrong you don't have support at moment.
    Do you have somewhere to stay? Work? Food? Hopefully you have your basic needs being covered.
    Take care.
    SA

3. Pete H

Pete H New Member

Hi,

I've visited a support group but anxiety got the better of me. I've got a house but it's a bit like a prison. Thanks for your kind words hopefully things will improve with time.

Pete

4. SA76

SA76 Member

I started going to a support group a couple of weeks ago, and i rarely go out to due to anxiety, depression etc. But I'm trying to stick with it. I won't sleep tonight because i get so nervous about what "MAY" happen, (its on tomorrow) but i just have to try and beat it.
    Could you try and take a walk for 15mins a day? Just a simple hello from someone may put a little smile on your face.

5. Pete H

Pete H New Member

I'm glad to hear your going to a support group. My first goal is to try and get out of this isolation, I think.a simple hello from anyone would be nice. It's been.a while since I've spoken.to anyone really.

6. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hello Peter , I am Mox

Welcome to SF. Thank you for sharing part of your story with us. If you get really bored you can read my story below in green. Know that you are not alone , in your pain, in your suffering. If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to reach out to me for help. While you are here, you are safe. No one will harass you or ridicule you in any manner. That is not tolerated here. Please feel free to share more of your life story with us. You are among friends now.

Feel free to IM/PM me anytime.

Take Care

7. Pete H

Pete H New Member

Hi,

Thankyou for your kind words. I've got an appointment today with the hospital. I've been to see them many times before and receivedvery little support so.I'm giving it one last go today and if I don't get the medical help I've decided to depart this world. I've planned everything and will sort things out and put things in.place before I go as I'm not and never really have fitting in.with.life or people so enough is enough.

Pete h

8. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

How are you doing Pete? Did you get the support you needed?