Suicide Survivors

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Crestfallenman, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Just doing my recordings for my own record. Who here on this forum has had a directly related family member commit suicide? I will include husband and wife, but all other suicides have to only pertain to (brother, sister, mother, father, son, or daughter)
  2. Member

does it count when your grandmother comitted suicide about three decades ago and your mother has been trying in regular periods ever since?
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I lost my son. However, I don't think that you will be able to obtain any real true statistic from a post such as this because of the fact that many people don't read every forum post, and many who do simply won't respond regardless. You may get a few, like myself, who will post to this... but I don't really think you'll gather any useful true picture from a query such as this one. I don't mean that to be offensive to your request, but it is pretty much just fact. Additionally, as a peer-to-peer support, many here will not want to be 'counted' for any sort of data collection type of review. I will state that I know of a number of people on here that have lost family members and/or friends/loved ones to suicide and I have gathered that non-data analysis from my participation here in the community and my interaction with individuals on this site that are my peers.