Supressed Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuicideBoy

I don't think I will ever be truly free if I conform to the tired old trail of going through school, to work, to retirement, to death. It is disgusting to me that you have to play the capitalist game for almost all of your life just to have money to eat and a place to sleep and bathe.

This world is a pimp and we are its whores.

SuicideBoy

Ride motorcycles (but with a special feature that magically makes all cars go away), smoke pot, help people, find housing for the homeless, bring food to third world countries, play the most cutting edge, immersive computer games or virtual reality of some sort, make movies (without having to worry about financial success), eat tons of greens each day (I eat as much as my mom cooks, but she's pretty big on pasta and rice and doesn't cook veggies as much), have a personal chef (who can make movies with me), fly all over the world, shoot off huge fireworks, go scuba diving, go to raves, compose music with my own personal orchestra, play with cute babies, give myself infinite time to meditate and make glue-gun art (I actually have made a couple of these little chairs with twigs, and they look very realistic. Have somebody who will always take me out and have fun when I'm feeling unmotivated.

The only obstacle to many of these things are time and money...

Scum

You know what I think?

I think you can do all those things. Set yourself goals, how you want to do them, what you need to do to achieve them, what you want to achieve.

Yes, you would need to run them alongside some sort of income, but essentially they are all doable, they are all achieveable and can be done in todays society.

Like, with your eat tonnes of greens, you could get an allotment and grow all your own stuff. That's totally out of conformity, and would be cheaper than buying them.

There are always ways to achieve things, you just have to think about it. (with the possible exception of vanishing cars, but maybe you could get one of those 'experiences' that they sometimes sell at places that could allow you to ride a motorcycle around a racing track, something like that).

You are bound only by the limits of yourself (and the law of course). You can get out and start achieveing those things, having fun, but you would need to live by some form of conformity for the fact that you would need money, but if you could see earning as a means to be non conformist, maybe that might help.

I'm glad me asking that question made you think. Thinking can be very productive and positive.

J
I don't think I will ever be truly free if I conform to the tired old trail of going through school, to work, to retirement, to death. It is disgusting to me that you have to play the capitalist game for almost all of your life just to have money to eat and a place to sleep and bathe.

This world is a pimp and we are its whores.
You're just putting all your own personal faults to blame on society. The reason why we are all limited in resources is because each society is designed to dish out a fair amount from taxes towards helping people.

You get to go to school, and you see it as a conformity. When I go to school, I see it as a privelage. I don't deserve an education, I am lucky to be in the situation where I can have one.

Everyone has to have a job. If people didn't work, then nothing would get done and society would crumble, there'd be less equal op^s and many more people would starve. We get an education so we can gain qualifications. If we didn't have qualifications, how would our employer know we are able to be competent at the various tasks we are set?

My advice to you is to stop whingeing and get on with your work. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody deserves to have everything dished out to them for free. The world isn't tailored to suit your needs, so grow up, work hard, and actually be a success in life. You are in a situation where your basic needs can be met. Statistics show that a child dies every 4 seconds from starvation. You have the privelage to education, healthcare, food, water, shelter, etc. things that that those children would never see - and you throw a hissy fit?

When you encounter a problem in life, instead of sitting in the corner and moaning and griping about it, you actually come up with constructive ideas to solve the problem. You have a brain, so use it. Stop trying to blame the world for your own failures due to lack of effort. If you don't like the way your life is - change it.

If you are unsure of how to deal with a problem, then pop down to your local library and do some research. For example when I had a problem with money to feed myself, I went and read books/magazines/etc. in my local library with tips on how to save money. In the long-run, the ignorant card doesn't work. To pretend that you haven't already thought about ways to solve your problems I do not believe for one second. If you are lazy for example, then just admit it and find ways to overcome that problem. Moaning about something is doing nothing to help you.

There are so many ways to overcome/deal with problems in life, if only more people were willing to admit that. We all have brains, so we can figure things out. We are not stupid, just immature.

Sorry if I annoyed anyone, but when someone goes on about life being unfair on them, I just want to say "join the club!"

Last edited:

darkrider

You're just putting all your own personal faults to blame on society. The reason why we are all limited in resources is because each society is designed to dish out a fair amount from taxes towards helping people.

You get to go to school, and you see it as a conformity. When I go to school, I see it as a privelage. I don't deserve an education, I am lucky to be in the situation where I can have one.

Everyone has to have a job. If people didn't work, then nothing would get done and society would crumble, there'd be less equal op^s and many more people would starve. We get an education so we can gain qualifications. If we didn't have qualifications, how would our employer know we are able to be competent at the various tasks we are set?

My advice to you is to stop whingeing and get on with your work. Nobody, and I repeat, nobody deserves to have everything dished out to them for free. The world isn't tailored to suit your needs, so grow up, work hard, and actually be a success in life. You are in a situation where your basic needs can be met. Statistics show that a child dies every 4 seconds from starvation. You have the privelage to education, healthcare, food, water, shelter, etc. things that that those children would never see - and you throw a hissy fit?

When you encounter a problem in life, instead of sitting in the corner and moaning and griping about it, you actually come up with constructive ideas to solve the problem. You have a brain, so use it. Stop trying to blame the world for your own failures due to lack of effort. If you don't like the way your life is - change it.

If you are unsure of how to deal with a problem, then pop down to your local library and do some research. For example when I had a problem with money to feed myself, I went and read books/magazines/etc. in my local library with tips on how to save money. In the long-run, the ignorant card doesn't work. To pretend that you haven't already thought about ways to solve your problems I do not believe for one second. If you are lazy for example, then just admit it and find ways to overcome that problem. Moaning about something is doing nothing to help you.

There are so many ways to overcome/deal with problems in life, if only more people were willing to admit that. We all have brains, so we can figure things out. We are not stupid, just immature.

Sorry if I annoyed anyone, but when someone goes on about life being unfair on them, I just want to say "join the club!"
Here we go with the 'starving child in Africa' card...

Smythe

Thou clay-brained guts, thou knotty-pated fool, thou whoreson obscene greasy tallow-catch!
lol :laugh:

I don't think I will ever be truly free if I conform to the tired old trail
There are ways to avoid it, but usually it means a lot of work and generally
being uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00