• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Surgery

Optimistic Goatman

The woolly enigmatic one
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Ercp is considered surgical. It’s a very invasive tough procedure. It is not the same as endoscopy. Big risk of pancreatitis and bleeding. I have stents in causing horrid pain. It’s not painless.
This still doesn't really add up. Biliary stents shouldn't be causing this level of pain that you're describing, the result is generally mild to moderate abdominal pain and a couple of day of a sore throat at most. And this big risk of pancreatitis you mention, the most liberal statistic i could find places it at 5-10%.
If you're in as much pain as you're describing, you should really notify your doctor immediately, because that's not meant to happen.
What kind of diet have you been on since your procedure? Have you been experiencing other noticeable symptoms?
Have they kept you in for observations this whole time or are you in an outpatient program?

Mvanessa

This still doesn't really add up. Biliary stents shouldn't be causing this level of pain that you're describing, the result is generally mild to moderate abdominal pain and a couple of day of a sore throat at most. And this big risk of pancreatitis you mention, the most liberal statistic i could find places it at 5-10%.
If you're in as much pain as you're describing, you should really notify your doctor immediately, because that's not meant to happen.
What kind of diet have you been on since your procedure? Have you been experiencing other noticeable symptoms?
Have they kept you in for observations this whole time or are you in an outpatient program?
I’m not sure what you are implying. Having a biliary stent is extremely painful and normal to be painful. Sometimes you stay over night for pain control. I was not due to covid. I have sphincter of oddi dysfunction among other serious gi disorders. I have had many ercps. Having a sphinctertomy or a stent is very complicated. I have had 15 now over 8 years. Please read more before thinking this is out of the norm. Support is what I seek.

Optimistic Goatman

The woolly enigmatic one
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I’m not sure what you are implying. Having a biliary stent is extremely painful and normal to be painful. Sometimes you stay over night for pain control. I was not due to covid. I have sphincter of oddi dysfunction among other serious gi disorders. I have had many ercps. Having a sphinctertomy or a stent is very complicated. I have had 15 now over 8 years. Please read more before thinking this is out of the norm. Support is what I seek.
I'm not necessarily implying anything, i'm just saying that what you're describing kinda clashes with my knowledge of medicine and what a bunch of the relevant resources you're claiming i haven't read are saying. So i was just trying to determine the details to see if i could make sense of it. I'm sorry if that offends you, but people asking basic questions shouldn't be grounds to accuse them of things.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00