Switching Meds

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Yoko Odinhart, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoko Odinhart

Yoko Odinhart Well-Known Member

I have been having a bad experience with my current med Cymbalta. I will be switching to Zoloft tomorrow and I'm feeling a little bit of anxiety about it. Does anyone have any experience switching meds? Any advice?
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

takes a while getting use to. i mean zoloft.
    or so i gather
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Had plenty of experience switching meds and have been on both Zoloft and cymbalta. Both experiences bad I'm afraid but I know a lot of people who have started on Zoloft and it's worked wonders for them.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I wrote a in PM to you honey just now about my experiences with zoloft. I think it's a great medication :) If you're afraid of side effects ask the doctor/pharmacist and read the leaflet just to be safe :)
  5. I've switched and tried many different meds over the last couple of decades or so.. some have been no problem at all and a couple have been nightmares.. and in between. Just try to remember they're side effects - but any one human being can only take so much. If it's pushing you over your tolerance limit, go see a doc! I think in hindsight if I'd had a bunch of Ativan or similar on hand, the times that went really bad could have been mitigated significantly!

Good luck, all the best... and definitely talk to your doc, counselor, or at least a friend if things get even a bit much!
  6. Yoko Odinhart

Yoko Odinhart Well-Known Member

Thanks Everyone! All of your warm wishes are much appreciated.

I have given my Cymbalta back to the pharmacist. Since I already took one yesterday morning, I have to wait until tonight to take the Zoloft. Today should be interesting, I hate the withdrawal feelings and I know they're going to happen. Zoloft should make me drowsy so I might actually be able to get a good nights sleep. I'll likely write about my experience somewhere on here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.