Terrible Emotional Bullying from Parent

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by -Lexy-, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Lexy-

-Lexy- New Member

As of now I'm 13 years old, 14 on March 6th this year. For the past 11 years my father has been emotionally abusing me to no end. I have been seriously thinking about suicide because I scratch my arms up and pull at my hair because of all the stress he puts me into. I dont have any clue how much longer I can deal with it all before I end up going completely insane or end up killing myself...anyone out there to help?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Sorry to hear that you are struggling, Lexy. You have made a very positive step by reaching out to us here :) Have you ever thought about seeing a school counsellor just to offload your feelings about what has been going on? They may be able to help, give you advice and maybe even advocate for you.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Call a child help line hun they will help you You should not have to deal with this alone I think also talking to a teacher you trust a councilor at your school hun but talk ok so this bullying stops hugs

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

My step dad did this to me for years. The messed up part is that he believed he was helping me. Of course he is a drug addict too. I forgive him because one: being a parent is hard and trying. Two I know the real him is a nice guy, but the drugs turn him into a monster.

Hang in there cause once your an adult life gets a lot better. I suggest going to the school counselor and speaking to them daily about your issues. Looking back I believe I would have fared better if I had done this. Of course if I had my faith like I do today I wouldn't have needed even the counselor. I will keep you in my prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.