Terrified that I'm going to drive my partner away

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by K8E, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

We've been living together six months. We both have major depressive disorder. I also have multiple health problems, as has D. I am so frightened that I will drive him away as I keep bursting into tears and feel so low. It shouldn't be like this. We love each other, we like being with each other, we understand each other but I am still suicidally depressed. I'm getting divorced for the second time, my Dad has cancer and now needs a bypass, my son has just left home and.....it just goes on and on.

2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Life really is a litany, in a way. My parents are also old. It's just a slog through each day, it seems.

Best wishes to you. Always, you deserve the best in life.

3. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear what you're going through. My Dad has been battling several different kinds of cancer for a year now and I know how difficult that be to deal with on top of everything else that could be going on. It sounds like your plate is definitely full right now. It sounds like there's just a lot of pressure on you right now, but know that you're just one person and you can't reasonably take everything on at once. Be open with your partner, and if you two understand each other then I think you two can help strengthen each other in this difficult time. Try taking things on one at a time, or as you can handle them. Remember, though, you've got to take care of you first in a lot of this. No matter how bad the storms are, though, they eventually settle down. Keep hanging in there and keep talking on here.

Hoping for the best with you and your family.

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I have to agree with JV3 it's a horrible time you are going through, and having so much going on so many life changing things you need to give yourself credit for holding it together, I think it's really important you're all there for each other, share the worries and fears and be honest and open. If you talk through your fears and what you are worried might happen, people are better equipped to understand when you are low, and hopefully be as supportive as possible.

Wishing you and your family the very best wishes

Rich

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Relationships and depression are hard to deal with. You feel low at the moment but take the advice given so far as I think it will help you. Do not feel alone as a lot of people suffer but do not show their feelings. I feel by posting here it helps you a lot. We are here to help you and you do not feel your burden alone.

Please take care and keep posting here for support.

6. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.