the anxiety never seems to stop

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by me84, Dec 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me84

me84 Active Member

I feel like every day I wake up I just want to cry my heart seems to hurt all the time. i was diagnosed with PTSD anxiety panic attacks and depression. I get anxiety every day it seems to consume me. I try breathing exercises several different medications but it all ends the same. I hear fighting or somone even seems confrontational and my mind loses control of my body. I start shaking and my heart goes crazy. Im so depressed I feel like there is no way I can function in society. My mind goes straight to visualizing self harm and suicide. I struggle every day to hold on but I feel like its the dead end of a road im being pushed toward. If there is anyone that I can talk to I would appreciate it. I feel I have exhausted my friends and family with my burden. I dont know how much longer I can fight my mind.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Don't fight your mind except what you are feeling as just emotions that is all it is just emotions that bring back some fear that is no longer ther
    then let the emotion go ok i know it is hard to get through the triggers focus on what is present what is around you ok and the emotions will not stay long hugs

3. Phil smith

Phil smith Member

People tell me I need to "let it go" or "relax". How? I've tried all the benzo's but since I have an extremely addictive personally. I would take my whole prescription in a day trying to not feel anything. I tried buspar but that's a joke. My head feels like I have 5 extreamly paranoid people in my head at all times. I just want it to stop.

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Trauma and anxiety is hard on the mind, have you tried Therapy to get some relief? Meds can only go so far.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Anxiety plays the biggest role of my illness. Just like you said,it never seems to stop. Has the person who diagnosed you referred you to therapy or are you dealing with this all alone? I never found that medications did much on their own, had to be combined with therapy. You can talk yo us all here and be yourself. :hug:

6. Phil smith

Phil smith Member

I know I need to talk to people but every time I open my mouth i don't have anything positive to talk about. I'm Married and love my wife more then anything but I can tell that all my shit has taken a huge toll on her. I know she loves me but I'm afraid she's no longer in love with me. I have no one to talk to and when she's around I talk her ear off. When she looks at me its not with pride and love but potty and sadness. I know when she leaves me that I will finally <mod edit- methods> every night. I think it would be easier for both of us if I don't let it go that far. I hate myself so much I can't even look in a mirror. I was once good looking, physically fit and confident. Now I'm s child in a mans body. I've ruined my teeth with drugs, I gained over 100 pounds and then lost it only to have saggy skin and stretch marks. I use to feel strong and tough. Now I cry all the time. I don't even reference myself as a man anymore. I can't get a job. I'm Completely insecure. I walk a lot in hopes of being hit by a car. I wish someone would kill me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  7. me84

me84 Active Member

I completely understand. We can talk if you would like.

8. me84

me84 Active Member

I tried therapy a few times but it seems to trigger me and make me feel worse. Everyone keeps telling me I should be fine by now.

9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

They are wrong. Everyone heals at their own pace and it's not a race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.