the Bible Causes Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
The Bible can cause suicide. How? Well, because the Bible says that when a Newborn baby dies right at birth, it goes straight to Heaven, a place which has no pain but only joy. Just the thought of that makes me envy. And it also makes me feel resentment that I had to stay alive all this time and for additional years too...whereas the Newborn babies that die at birth go straight to a place of perfect joy, never having to suffer.

I thought the Bible is supposed to help us, but its teaching about those babies only serves to encourage suicide.

triggs

Account Closed
:hug: i don't believe in anything religion-wise so i can't really comment on that
but i just wanted to let you know i'm here, and :hug:
i hope you're okay xx

necrodude

but the bible also says that envy is a sin, but it also says that whoever loses his life will find it. this is NOT a reference to suicide however, but to martyrdom, which does not mean dying for a cause but to sacrifice your life for a cause. which makes us martyrs for without our pain, this site would never exist and people might not get the help they recieve here. so i think we have not suffered entirely in vain.

Chernarus

I think we should stop feeling bad for ourselves because we are experiencing something the majority of humans do not and that is a life long suffering for some and minor suffering for others i say we should suffer proudly for it is our given task and we should do it as proudly as we do any other task. I'm sick of feeling sorry for my self so i cling to hope i make hope right now im locked away from the real world locked in a treatment center and i bear hope that one day ill be free. so my suffering was only to make me realize that life is a sweet pleasure for it feels so good to be released of the suffering and when your suffering you find joy in the simplest things you stop living for the future and live for the day and you are comforted by life's simplest pleasures like getting a good meal or a visit or phone call from a loved one. Your not supposed to stop living for the future entirely because you would loose hope but keep just a little hope and live mostly for the day. this is what i have learned to make my suffering at a little ease.

Random

Well, for me, the Bible depresses me because I can't believe how many people actually believe all that crap. I'm not gonna off myself because of anything in the Bible but it's doing it's part to keep me in a bad mood all the time :mad:

Reki

The Bible also says Moses killed a slave driver he saw beating one of his fellow hebrews. It also says a whale swallowed a man, a guy called down a curse from the lord and had some bears maul people and that if somebody is worshipping another god you should kill him without mercy and later it says killing is a no no. This is just off the top of my head, god knows how many other contradictions there are in there, no pun intended. The book is tribal age quackery, people, if you believe that stuff I have some nonfiction books on unicorns and candy trolls in my closet for sale.

Winslow

SF Supporter
One reason I introduced this thread was because of a Christian who previously had ranted so vehemently that the only way to Heaven is via Christianity. Basically,his point was that all Buddhists, Moslems, Wiccans,and Hinduists are condemned to Hell. If he had respected the other religions, I would have tolerated the contradictions. But he continued to rant so vehemently without acknowledging the contradictions in the Bible.

iKarma

The Bible can cause suicide. How? Well, because the Bible says that when a Newborn baby dies right at birth, it goes straight to Heaven, a place which has no pain but only joy. Just the thought of that makes me envy. And it also makes me feel resentment that I had to stay alive all this time and for additional years too...whereas the Newborn babies that die at birth go straight to a place of perfect joy, never having to suffer.

I thought the Bible is supposed to help us, but its teaching about those babies only serves to encourage suicide.
I find reading and believing in fiction books is not a good idea.

Necromanti

If anything, I find my atheism to be a strong motivational factor for suicide; I will not stand before and be judged by any god or goddess for my most heinous of sins.

I gladly condemn myself to a hell that does not exist, because what truly awaits me is oblivion, the (suicidal) atheist's paradise.

Winslow

SF Supporter
If anything, I find my atheism to be a strong motivational factor for suicide; I will not stand before and be judged by any god or goddess for my most heinous of sins.

I gladly condemn myself to a hell that does not exist, because what truly awaits me is oblivion, the (suicidal) atheist's paradise.
Contrary to what Necromanti posted, all the atheists I've met so far are very happy, and so not suicidal at all. From what I've seen, it's because they are unencumbered by a tyrannical God that they feel happy. So Necromanti's suicidal post surprises me no end.

Necromanti

Even as an unhappy atheist, I find oblivion to be tragic.
All the sorrow and love that a being has experienced, all the memories that are cherished and despised, and their every action merely mean nothing in the end. Whether anything existed or not to begin with will not have mattered. Where nothing is everything, everything means nothing.

I suppose that's also why I see life as being tragically and ultimately meaningless, and may as well spare myself early on. While it is the journey that counts and not the destination, and I truly believe that meaning and purpose must be found for oneself in a life so full of opportunities and beauty, I still wish to depart from this cursed world.

I seek oblivion because the concept of oblivion is unbearable. Yeah... :what:
I enter oblivion to escape the obliviousness of oblivion by engulfing myself in the obliviousness of oblivion. Makes sense.

Necromanti

Contrary to what Necromanti posted, all the atheists I've met so far are very happy, and so not suicidal at all. From what I've seen, it's because they are unencumbered by a tyrannical God that they feel happy. So Necromanti's suicidal post surprises me no end.
What I meant was that surely, a suicidal atheist (who would certainly not be happy), would be at a higher risk of actually committing the act when they do not have to fear the wrath of an almighty deity that will punish them with eternal suffering. Oblivion, for an atheist that is suicidal, would be seen as a way out, completely free of suffering (as well as being free of any divine consequences).

I do not mean to imply that an atheist is inherently unhappy.

Winslow

SF Supporter
As for Necromanti's reference to "oblivion," I have to respectfully disagree. Because my self-destructive urge is motivated by the desire to go to a place of joy. So I would not want oblivion at all, because oblivion is Non-existence. On the contrary,I want to exist but in a different place.

Necromanti

As for Necromanti's reference to "oblivion," I have to respectfully disagree. Because my self-destructive urge is motivated by the desire to go to a place of joy. So I would not want oblivion at all, because oblivion is Non-existence. On the contrary,I want to exist but in a different place.
I agree with you. A place of joy would indeed be optimal, but if it were to be an eternal existence, then I might hold some reservations.

However, I personally hold no belief of an afterlife, unless you can count non-existence as a form of...erm, existence. I think my desire for my existence and ultimately, the memory of me to be obliterated overrules that of wanting to exist in harmony after my death. If there were to exist an afterlife, then I'd find myself far more deserving for Hell/Niflheim/Hades, etc.

Winslow

SF Supporter
I agree with you. A place of joy would indeed be optimal, but if it were to be an eternal existence, then I might hold some reservations.

However, I personally hold no belief of an afterlife, unless you can count non-existence as a form of...erm, existence. I think my desire for my existence and ultimately, the memory of me to be obliterated overrules that of wanting to exist in harmony after my death. If there were to exist an afterlife, then I'd find myself far more deserving for Hell/Niflheim/Hades, etc.
Why do you say you consider yourself more deserving for Hell? What have you done that is so abhorrent that you hold yourself in such contempt? From the way you conduct yourself on this forum, I find you to be a person of respectful character. So why your self-contempt?

Winslow

SF Supporter
At some point, this thread deviated from the initial thought, which concerns those newborn babies who die at birth and go straight to Heaven. That's what irks me, and the point which I wanted to be addressed.

necrodude

so what your saying is innocents, that jesus cleansed of original sin deserve to go to limbo or hell? i aint christian but thats messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00